Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - GlasgowCruiser - 02-10-2023

Talkaway might work in the TV studio. I highly doubt James Whale would want to present in the TV studio though.

RE: Talk TV - London Lite - 02-10-2023

I've found Talk Today on YouTube. Nicer than the trailer led me to believe if still heavily infulenced by Erron Gordon.

Also good to see the news bulletin and weather presenters in the studio.

RE: Talk TV - all new phil - 02-10-2023

Looks great, but can’t help but feel they’re pretty much just yelling into the abyss given barely anyone watches.

RE: Talk TV - radiorebel - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 08:03 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I've found Talk Today on YouTube.  Nicer than the trailer led me to believe if still heavily infulenced by Erron Gordon.

Also good to see the news bulletin and weather presenters in the studio.

Has he even joined GB News yet? It was announced a good while ago and he has been quiet about it on socials ever since.

RE: Talk TV - matthieu1221 - 02-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 08:30 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Looks great, but can’t help but feel they’re pretty much just yelling into the abyss given barely anyone watches.

I haven't been looking out for it but I wonder if there has been much publicity at all for it?

RE: Talk TV - Ash101 - 02-10-2023

It does basically feel like GMB - not a bad thing because it's a nice polished product... I can imagine Eamonn Holmes wishing GB News could've pulled something like this off.

Big question though, what do they do if/when TalkTV gets closed down and they revert back to TalkRadio? This show won't live on and they'd want to bring something like JHB back who was nailing the format they needed on the radio at breakfast time.

Does feel like maybe this is showing up the limitations of always simulcasting across TV and Radio. You need a show like this to capture a television audience, but you need something with views and debates on the radio. If NewsUK had done a hybrid of all their brands you could imagine visualising TimesRadio in the mornings.

RE: Talk TV - DeMarkay - 02-10-2023

TalkToday was very good. I enjoyed the opening titles, the theme music, graphics and studio.

Jeremy and Nicola work really well.

RE: Talk TV - Joe - 03-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 11:22 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  It does basically feel like GMB - not a bad thing because it's a nice polished product... I can imagine Eamonn Holmes wishing GB News could've pulled something like this off.

Big question though, what do they do if/when TalkTV gets closed down and they revert back to TalkRadio? This show won't live on and they'd want to bring something like JHB back who was nailing the format they needed on the radio at breakfast time.

Does feel like maybe this is showing up the limitations of always simulcasting across TV and Radio. You need a show like this to capture a television audience, but you need something with views and debates on the radio. If NewsUK had done a hybrid of all their brands you could imagine visualising TimesRadio in the mornings.

But who would a hybrid of brands appeal to? It would be a mess of high-brow, low-brow and more besides.

RE: Talk TV - AndyB2008 - 03-10-2023

(02-10-2023, 08:30 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Looks great, but can’t help but feel they’re pretty much just yelling into the abyss given barely anyone watches.

Notice Rosanna's show is called Prime Time- the same title as a lifestyle strand on North East Tonight when that moved to 5.30pm, and a short lived Australian soap opera. 

Hopefully Roseanna will last longer than them. (The North East Tonight one was up against Neighbours so was doomed anyway, not to mention viewers were having to get used to the time change).

RE: Talk TV - TMD_24 - 06-10-2023

Looks like a meeting is happening right now to discuss the future of talkTV.

https://x.com/MediaGuido/status/17103081921256 
57262?s=20