Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - AaronTV - 06-10-2023

(06-10-2023, 07:37 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  They don't really have any "top TV presenters" though other than Piers - and I'm sure they'd love to get his salary off the books.

Whilst I have no wish to further increase the size of Piers’ ego, losing your biggest presenter and all of the contacts, exclusives and online attention they bring, even if they are hideously expensive, would be the final nail in the coffin for the whole thing.

RE: Talk TV - Keith - 06-10-2023

(06-10-2023, 07:37 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  They don't really have any "top TV presenters" though other than Piers - and I'm sure they'd love to get his salary off the books.
Well GB News may soon be freeing up a rumoured £600K salary and 9pm slot, depending on the outcome of an internal investigation. Also, Erron Gordon is due to be starting there soon. It doesn't surprise me if they've been trying to get Piers to jump ship.

RE: Talk TV - radiorebel - 06-10-2023

I take back my comments on criticising the fact that Kevin O’Sullivan didn’t get a TV show.

He filled in for Mike Graham today and it was… quite a watch.

Let’s just say he is better suited to the radio studio.

RE: Talk TV - Jon - 06-10-2023

(06-10-2023, 08:45 PM)Keith Wrote:  Well GB News may soon be freeing up a rumoured £600K salary and 9pm slot, depending on the outcome of an internal investigation. Also, Erron Gordon is due to be starting there soon. It doesn't surprise me if they've been trying to get Piers to jump ship.
I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be Piers, if Talk TV had seen some success then maybe. He just isn’t liked by audiences on either the left or the right. 

I think Julia Hartley-Brewer is the most likely as she seems to have been effectively pushed into a demotion. That said I think Mike Graham would probably be someone they’d be interested in.

RE: Talk TV - Brekkie - 06-10-2023

(06-10-2023, 08:45 PM)Keith Wrote:  Well GB News may soon be freeing up a rumoured £600K salary and 9pm slot, depending on the outcome of an internal investigation. Also, Erron Gordon is due to be starting there soon. It doesn't surprise me if they've been trying to get Piers to jump ship.

Although that's £14.4m short of his reported salary at Talk TV.   I suspect losing him might turn it from loss making to profitable almost instantaneously and probably have a small impact at most on ratings considering his ratings have never been that great other than the odd special interview.

RE: Talk TV - UTVLifer - 06-10-2023

I'm not surprised that TalkTV talent might be considering their future, what with the channel at a clear make or break point with the new breakfast show launching, and the impending changes within the Murdochs

RE: Talk TV - derek500 - 06-10-2023

Mike Graham to replace Dan Wootton seems like a no brainer to me. Weekly chats with Neil Oliver again!!

RE: Talk TV - Robbie1123 - 07-10-2023

Mike has been off a lot lately and also yesterday. He also makes it clear he hasn’t been ill. Not sure he would be a good fit to lead the 9pm GBNews though.

Julia however could be a good fit, and she also did a sympathetic GBNews item with Calvin this week, it seemed odd because TalkTV usually just don’t talk about GBNews by name.

I’d also be a bit miffed if I were her, after being shunted to just after lunch. However I don’t know her she may be happy not getting up early anymore.

RE: Talk TV - JMT1985 - 07-10-2023

Talk TV have usually ignored GB News, but recent events at GB News they have talked about it, maybe hoping some viewers who aren't happy with GB News will come over to them?

RE: Talk TV - Juicy Joe - 09-10-2023

How is the new Talk TV studio based schedule performing?