Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - derek500 - 10-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 05:38 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  How is the new Talk TV studio based schedule performing?

Good question.  Guido Fawkes usually jumps on bad figures from TalkTV, but not a peep.

RE: Talk TV - Brekkie - 10-10-2023

Weren't they pretty much zero before during the day?

See the Local TV simulcast now just labels it "Talk TV Live Feed" rather than listing individual programmes, which although often the data was out of date at least made it look like they had a proper schedule. Now it's obviously a simulcast.

RE: Talk TV - leewilliams - 10-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 05:38 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  How is the new Talk TV studio based schedule performing?
Well yesterday Jeremy Kyle’s breakfast show did a whopping 6k - with no-one at all watching for most of the first hour (for comparison, Holmes and Webster had 68k viewers on GBN).  Best performing show of the day was Piers Morgan with 39k.

Had a quick look at last week’s figures - even Kyle’s launch show only got 9k - highest rating of the week at breakfast was on Friday when David Bull was presenting (16k).

The new Rosanna Lockwood show is rating even worse - between 3k and 6k each day.

Meanwhile Kelvin Mackenzie - who’s pretty well plugged in on all matters Talk - reckons there’s now a bit of a tussle for the services of Hartley-Brewer:

https://x.com/kelvmackenzie/status/1711656023360930301?s=46&t=OuG-53CJRHzzDVEPmDXGSg 

RE: Talk TV - CATV - 10-10-2023

If they are trying to keep her then I guess TalkTV has been given extra time. But if they loose her and maybe mike then I think that will be it for TalkTV. Maybe they will keep her afternoon show and maybe let her present breakfast on TalkRadio. Wonder how long the director of television at TalkTV has got left after making all these changes that don't seem to be working.

RE: Talk TV - Robbie1123 - 10-10-2023

Whilst I think Julia could be a good fit for GB News, where exactly in the schedule?

The sort of slots I'd think of are filled Breakfast and Dewbs show.

I don't think she's got the 9pm personality

RE: Talk TV - KrazyKei - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 03:40 PM)Robbie1123 Wrote:  Whilst I think Julia could be a good fit for GB News, where exactly in the schedule?

The sort of slots I'd think of are filled Breakfast and Dewbs show.

I don't think she's got the 9pm personality

I think she would be an ideal replacement for Patrick Christys who I think will go over to the evenings to replace Dan Wootton.

RE: Talk TV - Robbie1123 - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 07:36 PM)KrazyKei Wrote:  I think she would be an ideal replacement for Patrick Christys who I think will go over to the evenings to replace Dan Wootton.

I could see that work but I’m not sure Patrick or anyone else at GB News is right to fill the 9pm. I like Julia and Graham but if they poach them I think some people will get displaced at GBNews when they’re already rating better than those at Talk.

Interesting times.

RE: Talk TV - Juicy Joe - 14-10-2023

Noticed James Whale Unleashed has been brought forward tonight from 7-10pm rather than 10-1am. Saturday Night Talkaway scrapped, That Was The Woke That Was pushed to 10pm and Andre Walker on from 11pm for 2 hours. Is this so James can complete the full 3 hour phone-in rather than leave an hour early? Or is it due to ratings, Talkaway at 7pm not pulling the punters, he often says JW Unleashed performs fairly well in relation to other shows on the channel.

RE: Talk TV - JMT1985 - 14-10-2023

(14-10-2023, 05:29 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Noticed James Whale Unleashed has been brought forward tonight from 7-10pm rather than 10-1am. Saturday Night Talkaway scrapped, That Was The Woke That Was pushed to 10pm and Andre Walker on from 11pm for 2 hours. Is this so James can complete the full 3 hour phone-in rather than leave an hour early? Or is it due to ratings, Talkaway at 7pm not pulling the punters, he often says JW Unleashed performs fairly well in relation to other shows on the channel.

"Talkaway" was probably being crushed by Strictly Come Dancing - a lot of older viewers who would watch Talk TV are probably over at BBC One (how ironic) and so ratings might have crashed. 

James hosting 7pm to 10pm might also be a nice way to offer him an earlier time which he might have asked for. He might have got tired and bored of the late slot.

RE: Talk TV - Jon - 14-10-2023

I really don’t think these channels are worried about things like Strictly.

Guess it’s just another cut back of they’re showing more repeats of the studio based filler shows.