Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - derek500 - 30-10-2023

So, Julia Hartley-Brewer's threatening to resign and whatever was happening to Mike Graham has been resolved. Mike Graham is moving to 9pm (the slot he was mooted to be getting at GB News), and J H-B is leaving afternoons (after just a few weeks) to replace Graham in mid morning.

Be interesting to see if moving Graham to primetime will give a bit of impetus to TalkTV's primetime schedule.

RE: Talk TV - callumwatchestelly - 30-10-2023

I'm quite surprised they're already swapping slots around considering the last schedule change to weekdays was last month!

RE: Talk TV - Ash101 - 30-10-2023

(30-10-2023, 01:11 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  Kevin & Alex are doing 9.30-10, Julia is doing 10-1.

Yes sorry, realised that since I submitted my post for this thread but couldn’t update it…

Bit of a mess for Talk having only changed Julia’s timeslot in the last month?

RE: Talk TV - Robbie1123 - 30-10-2023

(30-10-2023, 01:26 PM)callumwatchestelly Wrote:  I'm quite surprised they're already swapping slots around considering the last schedule change to weekdays was last month!

I surmise that the changes to the schedule last month were an issue for some people and with 9pm opening up at GBN there was a chance to perhaps strong arm management. Mike gets 9pm, maybe it was him looking at the 9pm GBN slot, and Julia is back in a morning slot.

All seems like a bit of backstage light drama. 

I personally don’t think Mike or Julia will work at 9pm and if either were what GBN was looking at I think it’s best they didn’t get them.

RE: Talk TV - RJLD24 - 30-10-2023

Has it been stated anywhere the new schedule in full? Are either The Talk and/or First Edition being ditched?

6am - Talk Today
9:30am - Kevin O'Sullivan & Alex Phillips
10am - Julia Hartley-Brewer
1pm - ???
3pm - ??? (Kevin O'Sullivan?)
5pm - Vanessa Feltz
7pm - Primetime
8pm - Piers Morgan
9pm - Mike Graham
10pm ??? (Mike Graham?)

RE: Talk TV - telleyhead - 30-10-2023

The Talk is moving, First Edition is gone.

RE: Talk TV - RJLD24 - 30-10-2023

(30-10-2023, 08:47 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  The Talk is moving, First Edition is gone.

So is Ian moving back to afternoons 1-3pm?

RE: Talk TV - TVViewer256 - 30-10-2023

Ian Collins has confirmed on Twitter that he'll be covering on Talk Today next week and will then be taking the 3pm slot.

RE: Talk TV - London Lite - 30-10-2023

I can't help thinking that Mike Graham should be on for two hours instead of keeping The Talk.

Now either Ian Collins is returning to 1-3 or Alex Phillips replaces JHB with Kevin staying on 3-5.

RE: Talk TV - TMD_24 - 30-10-2023

(30-10-2023, 08:47 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  The Talk is moving, First Edition is gone.

A shame the only straight news show is being abolished to make space for another opinionated show but I guess that's the only way for there to even be an audience or what remains of it.