Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - JMT1985 - 11-02-2024

The simple solution is to go back to where there were a few years ago, with Talk Radio streamed live - in fact when they were simply talkRADIO they were actually okay - of course content wise, I disagree with what they say, but in terms of production, having a simple simulcast of talkRADIO online and on screen was perfect for them.

RE: Talk TV - gottago - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 01:14 PM)Admin PC Wrote:  Citation required, as they say. Why is it not reliable?

We discourage citing sources such as Wikipedia as definitive, for obvious reasons. Does TV Zone have a reputation for providing inaccurate/misleading information?

I find TV Zone reliable, it’s more an aggregator of news announced elsewhere but they clearly have access to a few TV channel press sites that your average member of the public wouldn’t.

That Talk TV article is probably more speculative than they normally would have but they’re still a much more reliable source for TV than a lot of tabloid paper sites.

RE: Talk TV - telleyhead - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 01:51 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  The simple solution is to go back to where there were a few years ago, with Talk Radio streamed live - in fact when they were simply talkRADIO they were actually okay - of course content wise, I disagree with what they say, but in terms of production, having a simple simulcast of talkRADIO online and on screen was perfect for them.

Sky won't carry a radio simulcast, which is why they had bespoke programming from the start. Not sure about Freeview. They'd probably have to come off linear TV if they did that.

RE: Talk TV - Stockland Hillman - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 03:56 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  Sky won't carry a radio simulcast, which is why they had bespoke programming from the start. Not sure about Freeview. They'd probably have to come off linear TV if they did that.

That's not correct at all.

Providing the content is video (and not on screen text pages) it would qualify for appropriate genre EPG - of a TV broadcasting licence from Ofcom is held

So the old visual Talk Radio - which had in vision zoom guests and visually presented news bullitens alongside the full screen presenter and guest shots - would easily qualify.

What you can't do is a visualised Radio service within the radio EPG section as that's configured for just audio

RE: Talk TV - Stooky Bill - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 01:14 PM)Admin PC Wrote:  Citation required, as they say. Why is it not reliable?

We discourage citing sources such as Wikipedia as definitive, for obvious reasons. Does TV Zone have a reputation for providing inaccurate/misleading information?
'Citation' is exactly the problem, as a website it has none. Lots of stuff ripped off from other sources with no credit or citation as to where. The nearest thing is the message 'Any copyright infringement is unintentional' at the bottom. They might not intend it but it definately is, and putting that doesn't excuse them either.

There's no bylines, no indication of who edits, owns or is responsible for the site. The only information is a generic outlook.com address aka Hotmail. No one trusts Hotmail addresses

Misleading it might not be, but quality and rekiable it definately isn't. It's no better than an AI clickbait aggregator.... in fact it probaly is

Obviously your site, your rules - but Wikipedia is a site that actively insists on citations and references for its content. Misinformation is flagged and/or removed. Authors and editors are all named, it's very transparent. Why you'd trust a site like TV Zone and not Wikipedia is beyond me.

RE: Talk TV - freeview87 - 11-02-2024

TVZone if i recall had the news about ITV News and Breakfast extension as an exclusive, especially the ITV News story, which would lead me to believe its someone in the media or strong connections to someone in the media.

RE: Talk TV - TVZone - 11-02-2024

Hi everybody, editor of TV Zone here.

Just wanted to drop a message here regarding the discussion about TV Zone and the Talk TV piece this weekend - I don't want to create a whole argument or ongoing thread, just one message which may be helpful and give context.

I hope it's fair to say that TV Zone is a reliable source for TV news. It is absolutely fair to say we are more of an aggregator of news rather than a definitive source/outlet. We always try to credit on stories which are exclusive to or first published elsewhere.

Specifically on the Talk TV story - nothing within is claimed as 'exclusive', and it is much more speculative than something we'd usually run.

We credited and linked to Guido Fawkes with the story on Piers Morgan being "sacked". Other information we credit to "sources" are things we were told following the staff meeting on Friday morning – I hope you understand why we didn’t elaborate on who or what these sources are. Of course, points made have been discussed by others before – such as The Sun TV rebrand, but where we credit to ‘sources’ telling us, it means we’ve heard it first hand.

We’re well sourced within the news/current affairs programming space – I believe we were the first to report on the extensions of ITV Evening News in 2022, BBC Breakfast last year and the imminent relocation of BBC News At One to Salford. I also believe we were the first to hear about/report on the 5 News/ITV News plans last week when The King’s cancer diagnosis was announced.

Not here to say we should be treated as a mainstream news outlet or a definitive source for any information, that’s obviously for others to decide.

As this is a presentation forum I don’t want to create a new thread/discussion so if you have any comment/feedback/questions, our Twitter DMs and email is open.

Thanks,
TV Zone Editor

RE: Talk TV - radiorebel - 11-02-2024

A show I once worked on during the pre production process was reported in TV Zone completely accurate, still to this day have no idea how they got the info as it wasn’t reported anywhere else.

RE: Talk TV - Brekkie - 11-02-2024

Wasn't "The Sun TV" the initial rumoured brand for the channel anyhow, but they got cold feet following a couple of high profile court cases which was always going to be the issue anyway.

RE: Talk TV - telleyhead - 11-02-2024

(11-02-2024, 06:24 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Wasn't "The Sun TV" the initial rumoured brand for the channel anyhow, but they got cold feet following a couple of high profile court cases which was always going to be the issue anyway.

The only concrete plans were News UK TV, then they flipped to visualising TalkRadio and it became TalkTV when Piers was brought in. There was going to potentially be Times Radio TV as well at one point.