Pres Café
Talk TV - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Talk TV (/showthread.php?tid=43)

RE: Talk TV - lookoutwales - 24-04-2024

Definitely getting the impression of Radio regaining control with the TV operation winding down - and the likes of Feltz, Thorp, Lockwood being dropped or leaving quietly.

IIRC, Dennie Morris was behind the initial push towards visualising talkRADIO and the other News brands before the channel came along.

Curious to see if there'll be changes at the weekend.

RE: Talk TV - leewilliams - 24-04-2024

(23-04-2024, 07:27 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Apparently Vanessa Feltz has been let go by Talk TV just before the relaunch next week.
I think we can expect some reportage about the manner in which News UK broke the news to her - and her, erm, less-than-chipper response - in Popbitch this week.

RE: Talk TV - Jon - 25-04-2024

(24-04-2024, 04:33 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  As I said on here last month, she must be regretting the move to Talk. She has from having several fairly high profile radio shows to one barely watched TV show, to one reduced length TV show to nothing at all in under 2 years.

I know she's got a few other gigs like the occasional appearance on This Morning (which I've not seen her on for a while) but still a bit of a come down for someone who was everywhere a couple of years ago
The money was probably worth it though and possible that she made enough to make it worth her while and she might not need to do much work for a while. I’m sure she’ll pop up somewhere else at some point but maybe not as a high profile as Radio 2.

RE: Talk TV - telleyhead - 25-04-2024

(24-04-2024, 12:47 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  So presumably this means the video stream is back to filming the radio output? Will they bother with in vision news / weather? I can't remember what they were doing pre Talk TV.

Is the studio being retained for Piers Morgan & political interviews?

The news presenters and producer were all let go as well. No news service anymore.

RE: Talk TV - RhysJR - 25-04-2024

(25-04-2024, 12:25 AM)Jon Wrote:  The money was probably worth it though and possible that she made enough to make it worth her while and she might not need to do much work for a while. I’m sure she’ll pop up somewhere else at some point but maybe not as a high profile as Radio 2.

Also, with how BBC Local Radio has been heavily cut since, she might have seen the writing was on the wall at Radio London for her, especially considering that she appeared in the lost of top paid stars.

And, it's less certain if this would have happened if Vanessa was still at the BBC, but her early breakfast slot on Radio 2 is now coming from Cardiff rather than London. So her time might have been limited there too.

RE: Talk TV - HTVbest - 26-04-2024

In Bristol, Talk Bristol has been renamed on the EPG as Bristol TV.

RE: Talk TV - eyeTV - 26-04-2024

(25-04-2024, 01:13 PM)telleyhead Wrote:  The news presenters and producer were all let go as well. No news service anymore.

What is happening at the top of the hour on the video stream, just an audio news bulletin?

RE: Talk TV - Stooky Bill - 26-04-2024

(25-04-2024, 01:52 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Also, with how BBC Local Radio has been heavily cut since, she might have seen the writing was on the wall at Radio London for her, especially considering that she appeared in the lost of top paid stars.

And, it's less certain if this would have happened if Vanessa was still at the BBC, but her early breakfast slot on Radio 2 is now coming from Cardiff rather than London. So her time might have been limited there too.
That was as a consequence of her leaving, even though the intention is to move more programmes out of London, it wouldn't have happened like that unless the slot was free

RE: Talk TV - Stooky Bill - 26-04-2024

(26-04-2024, 11:59 AM)HTVbest Wrote:  In Bristol, Talk Bristol has been renamed on the EPG as Bristol TV.
Looking at the listings of my local station for next week, instead of having each programme listed seperately as now it's just 'TALK TV LIVE STREAM' except for the local news

I assume that's actually what will be shown and it's not just a listings error being pulled through from Talk TVs schedule data

RE: Talk TV - Jerrykeshton - 26-04-2024

Talk Birmingham still has that name. It list talk radio shows until 30thApril (correct schedule) after that it seems to have extended breakfast programmes between 7 and 9 (6 til 8 on Monday and Tuesday, followed by Mike Graham) then NATIONAL UPSTREAM 9-1, 2-6 and 8-2 (misssing the 9pm local slot which seems to have been joined to the earlier 6pm slot )