Pres Café
Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present (/showthread.php?tid=435)

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 14-06-2023

Oh wow, they're fantastic. They feel like a simple, natural successor the to 2005 idents, which makes the weaker surrounding presentation now even more disappointing. After 8 years of idents that were weaker than the rest of the channels identify we now have the opposite. These new idents with the old falling blocks surrounding presentation would have made the perfect complete package.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Kunst - 14-06-2023

I wouldn't say the current presentation is bad, just it needs to be a bit more coherent

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - DJ Dave - 14-06-2023

Well I had me doubts as I like the current set, but they do look really good. I am loving the train one, classic channel 4 colours.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Rex - 14-06-2023

If you thought Curve was the benchmark for today's television presentation, that benchmark has been surpassed vastly.

These idents are fantastic beyond belief.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Kunst - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 11:29 AM)Rex Wrote:  If you thought Curve was the benchmark for today's television presentation, that benchmark has been surpassed vastly.

These idents are fantastic beyond belief.

I love both two in different ways.

Not all idents have to be alike Big Grin ; but yes, these are indeed fantastic, and the concept too!

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Rob Francis - 14-06-2023

Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Can't say anymore than that...

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - TVenthusiasm - 14-06-2023

OH MY GOD. This is so brilliant. 100% a true modern version of the 2004 idents based on the looks of it. This is a huge improvement over the giant 4 - but as much as I like the new multicolour graphics it would have been a perfect match if they kept the old 2017 animated blocks. Can't wait to see these on air. Well done Channel 4 - I honestly think what we'll be seeing from 7pm is the new standard for channel presentation.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Flux - 14-06-2023

These look brilliant. Unexpectedly so given what had previously been released, but whatever was incoming I am personally very glad to see the back of the giant.

If I'm being picky, some scenes incorporate the 4 much better than others - there are many scenes (such as the trucks & boxes or the first shop display) where it's creatively and cleverly integrated into its surroundings, but there are a few scenes (such as the beach) where it's just "there" as it were. Couldn't the 4 at the beach have been a sandcastle, for example? It's a relatively small issue though, as otherwise the execution is very polished and consistent throughout.

Interested to see how they play out as individual idents independently of the main film "loop". Is it always one scene moving in to reveal the green 4? Or is it always a selection of scenes looping through? I'm intrigued...

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Brekkie - 14-06-2023

They look fantastic - not the concept I was expecting at all. I thought we'd just be seeing a green 4 moving between scenes within the cube.

Wonder what those Stonehenge / purple bubbles seen in the earlier previews are for then.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Edogawa Ranpo - 14-06-2023

Love how they're devoting today to the Giant by airing all his idents as a final send-off before we step into the portals tonight.