Pres Café
Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present (/showthread.php?tid=435)

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Brekkie - 14-06-2023

And we're yet to see how they translate to standard short idents - look stunning all together but remains to be seen how the shorter cuts work.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Spencer - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 02:34 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  To be fair, I like the Lens - I do agree it paled before C4's new sets, though Big Grin

Each to their own. The Lens idents hardly have the 'wow' factor though. But these C4 idents definitely do, from what we've seen so far!

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Tola - 14-06-2023

Have just seen the short film - bloody hell, it looks amazing. I can see why the rollout of this rebrand has taken so long, must have been a fortune to make!

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Bengsy - 14-06-2023

These are truly stunning, a real eye-opener. Very promising!

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Flux - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 03:40 PM)Tola Wrote:  Have just seen the short film - bloody hell, it looks amazing. I can see why the rollout of this rebrand has taken so long, must have been a fortune to make!

I’m not sure how the cost directly affects the speed of the rollout. No matter how expensive something is to make, it’s still a conscious decision to roll out elements bit by bit rather than all at once.

I also don’t think this set was necessarily that expensive to make. GFX designers and software have come a long way, and what we’ve seen so far aren’t as intricate or varied as the much celebrated 2004 idents. Once you’ve built the core ‘4’ and set the camera movement around it, you’re just adapting layers on top of that for each variation with the base staying consistent. I’m not saying they were cheap, or easy, or quick. Far from it. I just don’t think they’ve broken the bank. In fact, I’d go as far as to hazard a guess even the much maligned original 2015 idents (pre-giant) were more expensive like-for-like due to the way they were all unique and had such detailed work on the individual block pieces within live action scenes.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - chris - 14-06-2023

Looks amazing. Puts BBC One and ITV1 to shame.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Moz - 14-06-2023

Just incredible. As with the best design - why did nobody think of that before!!? Using the bottom block as a window is just so obvious, but so perfect.

Yes, they do make BBC One’s, BBC Two’s and itv1’s idents look tame, but I don’t think any of those are particularly poor to say the least.

What a time to be an ident fan!

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Plutobug - 14-06-2023

Have to say I loved the new ident film

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - orange - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 03:08 PM)Kim Wexler’s Ponytail Wrote:   They don’t have the compete package yet to be that obnoxious. The idents are great but for as long as the rest of the package is around no other channels need “feel sorry for themselves.”
I feel like you took that part a little too literally and a smidge too seriously. It’s not obnoxious at all - I’m just saying if you’re another channel and you saw their ident film you’d feel a bit envious. I bloody would.

As for the other parts of the pres, I’ve been very critical of it all - but to give credit to them they have been making tweaks as they go along. Hopefully any shortcomings will follow suit and be amended, it will be very interesting to see. As we’ve seen with the F1 idents looking a little experimental or interim - I feel like we might not have the full picture yet.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Transmission - 14-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 11:46 AM)Flux Wrote:  If I'm being picky, some scenes incorporate the 4 much better than others - there are many scenes (such as the trucks & boxes or the first shop display) where it's creatively and cleverly integrated into its surroundings, but there are a few scenes (such as the beach) where it's just "there" as it were. Couldn't the 4 at the beach have been a sandcastle, for example? It's a relatively small issue though, as otherwise the execution is very polished and consistent throughout.
I don't mind this, I quite like that it's quite a varied mix of styles, sometimes harmoniously integrated into the scene and sometimes incongruously just sort of there. Similarly, often it's floating but there are a couple where it's made to look as if it's realistically, physically there with the blocks mounted on stands.

I really like the different animation and live action styles as well, there are a few particularly gorgeous ones. That first shop one has a bit of a 'Spider-Verse' feel to it.