Pres Café
Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present (/showthread.php?tid=435)

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Juicy Joe - 15-06-2023

The way the identities are cut/edited, will there be some scenes which are only rarely features in the loop or not at all, only showing in the full film?

RE: sparkyb28 - Flux - 15-06-2023

(15-06-2023, 06:20 AM)sparkyb28 Wrote:  It’s a shame they couldn’t just have the full ident running on loop and then when they have continuity dip into it at whatever point it’s at.

Personally I think that would get repetitive and potentially messy too depending on when they "dipped in". IMO The cleverest aspect of these is that they can (in principle) appear in any order, and - indeed - can be added to at any point without affecting the central concept or flow. I think it would be a missed opportunity not to take advantage of that, which they seem to be doing already as some of the 'cutdowns' play scenes in a different order.

As an aside, I haven't posted much here since the purple place closed but I have been lurking, and it's so nice to see the forum excited and buzzing about new and freshly creative pres again!

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Alessi - 15-06-2023

(15-06-2023, 06:20 AM)sparkyb28 Wrote:  It’s a shame they couldn’t just have the full ident running on loop and then when they have continuity dip into it at whatever point it’s at.

It is a massive step up from anything else on air at the moment though. Out of the 5 terrestrial channels I’d rank the idents

Channel 4 (best)
BBC2
BBC1
ITV
Channel 5 (worst)

That wouldn't work. There'd be far too many awkward clashes with the tone of the following programme - which could be embarrassing and potentially go viral for the wrong reasons.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Edogawa Ranpo - 15-06-2023

(15-06-2023, 10:00 AM)Alessi Wrote:  That wouldn't work. There'd be far too many awkward clashes with the tone of the following programme - which could be embarrassing and potentially go viral for the wrong reasons.

That's why I think showing certain cuts of the loop before a certain programme, for example, 24 Hours in Police Custody, works. It's all about what would be appropriate and what wouldn't.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Brekkie - 15-06-2023

Has the generic ident been used since they launched?

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - thegeek - 15-06-2023

(14-06-2023, 02:08 PM)thegeek Wrote:  Interestingly, the three of the places that are identifiably real are in Glasgow: Pollok House at the 2 minute mark;  the 'renaissance painting' at 2.24 (it's this takeaway in the city centre); and at 2.55, my old secondary school.

[edit]
After a bit more sleuthing, I've worked out where the graveyard is - it's Dunure Cemetery in Ayrshire. (The island of Ailsa Craig on the horizon was a good clue that it was somewhere down the Firth of Clyde.)
The location of the riot scene had been bugging me. Given the other real life locations were all Glasgow, and the fact that the junction just had a very Tradeston feel to it, I've spent some time scouting around on Street View and tracked it down to here - just a short distance from the takeaway.

https://goo.gl/maps/Dq5EryhtMbLzJxtv8 

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - orange - 15-06-2023

(15-06-2023, 10:52 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Has the generic ident been used since they launched?

Doesn’t look that way.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 15-06-2023

Presumibly adapted versions of the generic idents will be how they do Christmas and other special pres like the blocks used to do.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - rick - 15-06-2023

For Christmas, the various blocks could be in different wrapping papers and we could be going through various scenes of Christmas, like living rooms with lots of presents and a tree with twinkling lights, then an outside scene with snow, then something that isn't Christmas themed for those that don't celebrate etc.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - orange - 15-06-2023

There is so much potential with the loops - I really hope they lean into the concept for special idents. Not only Christmas, but even stuff like The Simpsons - not sure if they’d ever go for a full on animated Simpsons ident again, but you can imagine it maybe rotating through different scenes. There’s really a lot of fun to be had.

Also seeing as some of the idents are in different orders than the film, I think creating more scenes to add into the roster as time goes on would be a really nice and easy way to keep things fresh.