Pres Café
Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present (/showthread.php?tid=435)

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Andrew - 16-09-2023

I don’t watch much Channel 4 so don’t see much of the presentation

But are these programme slides (on the Dispatches episode) with the name of the programme ridiculously high up the frame, and in black text supposed to look good, and presumably on trend?

They would have got approval in the old mocks forum

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Keith - 16-09-2023

Without discussing the content of *that* programme it was interesting to note the presentation surrounding it.

The ident preceding it was the 4 logo over coloured logos, rather than the video sequence of different 4s. Each section was preceded by a static slide, with continuity warning about the contents. Also most ad breaks seemed to consist of just one advert, making them about 1 minute long (or possibly shorter).

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Stooky Bill - 17-09-2023

That slide design is normal and yes it is horrible. Not only is it garish it's the bit down the left that looks particularly odd.

The filmed dents are amazing, the coloured ident was quite nice until they made the logo green, but everything else isn't great

The lack of ads was interesting (and caught us out as I went to the loo during the first one, got back and the 2nd part was well under way). I can only assume it was tricky selling ads for a slot where the advertisers didn't know what they were advertising during.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - orange - 17-09-2023

I’m pretty certain the ad break at the end was entirely comprised of C4’s own promos - was quite interesting. I think it was purposefully done maybe out of respect for the subject matter, as if you go to stream it online there’s also no ad breaks.

The choice of making the content warning slides stop a little off the side is a very odd design choice - I thought my TV kept freezing.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Torpido - 17-09-2023

How quickly was the programme we can't talk about put together and the add time sold and is it usual for programmes in the strand to be made and sold like this or is due to the speed of delivery of the programme to the network for broadcast which I suppose could be a thing about other possible short term made programmes as well
Also generally and I've been thinking for a while do channel4 given the most content advisories of the commercial channels as you hear them less on other channels yes the show were not mentioning needed one in each adbreak due to the content we can't mention - also is channel 4 the only one to put these up on the screen in text as well

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Stooky Bill - 18-09-2023

The programme had been researched and produced over a year, but had some footage in it at the end that would have been added on Saturday. So very late delivery, but that's not that unusual. In terms of listings I think it was still a TBA until Friday when it became a Dispatches with the exact title and subject matter only announced at 3pm on Saturday.

I'm not really sure how advertising is sold and scheduled, but I can imagine committing to advertising on a programme where you've no idea what it is until 6 hours beforehand isn't a good idea. What if it clashes with the aims of the advertiser, or is actually about an advertiser for example

Imagine if it had involved Chase Bank for example

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Andrew - 18-09-2023

It was billed as Dispatches in the printed listings magazines but with a very generic description

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - dvboy - 18-09-2023

(18-09-2023, 06:52 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I'm not really sure how advertising is sold and scheduled, but I can imagine committing to advertising on a programme where you've no idea what it is until 6 hours beforehand isn't a good idea. What if it clashes with the aims of the advertiser, or is actually about an advertiser for example.
That might explain why there were not many ads in the breaks and why it finished earlier than billed, and the subsequent film was also "earlier than in some listings".

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - all new phil - 19-09-2023

(17-09-2023, 06:37 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  That slide design is normal and yes it is horrible. Not only is it garish it's the bit down the left that looks particularly odd.

The filmed dents are amazing, the coloured ident was quite nice until they made the logo green, but everything else isn't great

I wasn’t a fan at first, but it’s really grown on me. I agree with some previous comments about it still not feeling quite finished or fulfilling its potential, but the look (and sound) of it is quite striking. 

Dispatches on Saturday night, plus the pres surrounding it, felt like the Channel 4 of old that I’d been missing. Channel 4 in serious mode is when it’s at its absolute best.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - JMT1985 - 19-09-2023

(19-09-2023, 01:41 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I wasn’t a fan at first, but it’s really grown on me. I agree with some previous comments about it still not feeling quite finished or fulfilling its potential, but the look (and sound) of it is quite striking. 

Dispatches on Saturday night, plus the pres surrounding it, felt like the Channel 4 of old that I’d been missing. Channel 4 in serious mode is when it’s at its absolute best.

It is refreshing to see a Channel 4 with balls, something which they seem to lack on occasion now.