Pres Café
Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present (/showthread.php?tid=435)

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Brekkie - 20-09-2023

Pres wise it showed how useful a generic ident is to introduce such programmes, although the main idents in this case wouldn't be so bad. The giant man would have felt inappropriate though. There was a 9pm version of the old clock ident but think it was only used on launch night.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - PATV Scunthorpe - 20-09-2023

Not something I've seen before, C4 have adopted an in programme promo, currently advertising the return of Bake Off. Nothing fancy, placed top right and centrally aligned in 4 Text (Chadwick if you want the old version).

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - TVFan - 20-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 06:32 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Not something I've seen before, C4 have adopted an in programme promo, currently advertising the return of Bake Off. Nothing fancy, placed top right and centrally aligned in 4 Text (Chadwick if you want the old version).
They did have one a few months ago for Rise & Fall, which used the show's logo instead of just simple text.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - TVFan - 22-09-2023

(20-09-2023, 07:23 PM)TVFan Wrote:  They did have one a few months ago for Rise & Fall, which used the show's logo instead of just simple text.
Funnily enough, this one just appeared on The Simpsons, instead of Bake Off (presumably an error).

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - gav - 22-09-2023

Interesting they chose not to show it for Gogglebox, but it’s back for the following programme.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Brekkie - 23-09-2023

It really is annoying and quite insulting to their other flagship shows. Just a bland design too.

I've no issue with a pop-up promo on the return from a break for 10-20 seconds - even if they themselves are annoying I think they serve the purpose better than just some written text permanently at the top of the screen.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - RhysJR - 25-09-2023

Something else with the Bake Off promotion that I have found a little odd is that on the adverts that I've seen via Channel 4 or YouTube, the advert ends with a date and time (i.e. stream live on Tuesday at 8pm). Over on ITV over the weekend, the trailers ended with 'airing next week'. I get Bake Off is a successful and popular show that has aired at the same time on the day throughout its existence, but I found a bit odd for it to be so vague so close to transmission.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - PATV Scunthorpe - 25-09-2023

As far as I'm aware, when a broadcaster pays to show a trailer on another channel during the adverts they can't contain specific transmission details, so 'airing next week' is likely to be the most specific they can be without breaking the rule.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Spencer - 25-09-2023

Are there specific rules about this, or is it more of a 'gentlemen's agreement'?

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Brekkie - 25-09-2023

I think they can say the date but not the time.