Pres Café
Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present (/showthread.php?tid=435)

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Brekkie - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 06:22 PM)F4C Wrote:  Saw the E4 Rick & Morty ads last night and it made me wonder… when the hell are Channel 4 gonna get going with Phase Two of this massive company-wide rebrand they touted? 

The way they advertised it made it sound like a massive rebrand with all channels using the same idents, branding, etc. It’s been nearly four months since Channel 4 got its new look and you’ve thought they would have got something sorted by now.
They never said that - people just jumped to the wrong conclusions from the initial marketing guff.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - rick - 09-10-2023

Well, when the marketing guff said "Channel 4’s entire portfolio of channels will also align with the ‘Channel 4’ brand", what did they expect?

What does that even mean in real terms?

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Kunst - 09-10-2023

I'm not sure we just "imagined" that, I think they're somehow planning something big, we just don't know when, although yeah, there's a possibility they might've changed their programmes a little bit.

E4 is probably OK, but More4 might need a different colour palette and new graphics.

Also, probably some internal consistency for all the 4 channels (fonts, types of endboards and so on)

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Allanbuzzy - 09-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:29 PM)rick Wrote:  Well, when the marketing guff said "Channel 4’s entire portfolio of channels will also align with the ‘Channel 4’ brand", what did they expect?

What does that even mean in real terms?
Probably just means in promos and marketing. For instance, when they were marketing Married at First Sight, E4 was not mentioned, only Channel 4 and "Stream now". 

Still though, seems odd to keep the current branding of their sister channels when each channel has been built off the skeleton of the 2015 C4 logo.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - JAS84 - 09-10-2023

Not to mention More4 and Film4 still using the idents modified from what they were using before those logos were introduced.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Brekkie - 09-10-2023

The moving through the cubes look would have worked better as branding common across all the channels, but the fact C4 itself went for something so unique for itself meant they want to keep each channel individual.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Kunst - 10-10-2023

Guys, we don't know anything yet, actually I doubt they would want to leave the channels as they are

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Brekkie - 10-10-2023

(09-10-2023, 07:29 PM)Kunst Wrote:  I'm not sure we just "imagined" that, I think they're somehow planning something big, we just don't know when, although yeah, there's a possibility they might've changed their programmes a little bit.

E4 is probably OK, but More4 might need a different colour palette and new graphics.

Also, probably some internal consistency for all the 4 channels (fonts, types of endboards and so on)
E4 and Film4 still look good ident wise.  More4 has long needed a rebrand really, whilst 4Seven is still essentially based on the 2005 logo.  That would be easiest to update too with a version of the generic cube logo - and could keep the idea of the idents getting darker through the day.

Agree some consistency with the end boards would be good but still think the C4 one's need tweaking slightly - I don't think they look quite as good as they should.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - TVFan - 13-10-2023

E4 Extra is leaving the music channel section on Virgin, and is moving to 144. A message is now being shown on the channel promoting the change.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Edogawa Ranpo - 17-10-2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73WvyccWQPc 
This is really nice of Channel 4. An audio described compilation of their idents for those with visual impairments.