Pres Café
Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present (/showthread.php?tid=435)

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Stooky Bill - 05-05-2023

It's all quite nice..... except the green

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - gav - 05-05-2023

(05-05-2023, 02:15 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but I watched a bit of C4 last night and during promos when they still have the white falling blocks and the C4 logo is on one of them, it looks awful now with the lime green 4 against the white block, you can't see it properly. I don't know what they were thinking with that colour.

The menu design with the falling blocks is part of the old package that hasn't been updated yet, so I expect the addition of the green logo there is just an interim measure. I agree though, it would've been better left as it was, but I guess they wanted to try and get as much updated as possible, and the new menu design must just not be ready for some reason.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - fanoftv - 05-05-2023

The composition of the endboards reminds me of these short lived 1998 idents
(courtesy of daveraveuk)

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Allanbuzzy - 06-05-2023

[Image: IMG-4744.jpg]

One of my friends on a Discord I frequent has spotted this, scheduled tomorrow, for a program called "E4X Preview"?
No Teleshopping tonight either, which makes me assume E4X (the new name for E4 Extra?) will no longer have Teleshopping.

UPDATE: Currently, it is broadcasting Teleshopping. However, both Freeview and Sky list the slot as "E4X Preview", which makes me believe it will eventually rebrand into E4X over the coming weeks. There's no way that after May 3rd, the same day as the C4 rebrand, is this any sort of error.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - rick - 06-05-2023

Interesting choice of name, if that is indeed what the channel ends up being called. If the preview is up already called that, the rebranding of the sister channels must be imminent?

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Larry the Loafer - 06-05-2023

The green makes the 4 logo almost impossible to decipher in some circumstances, especially on the white blocks that appear over credits. How did this get signed off?

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Brekkie - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 12:01 AM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  [Image: IMG-4744.jpg]

One of my friends on a Discord I frequent has spotted this, scheduled tomorrow, for a program called "E4X Preview"?
No Teleshopping tonight either, which makes me assume E4X (the new name for E4 Extra?) will no longer have Teleshopping.

UPDATE: Currently, it is broadcasting Teleshopping. However, both Freeview and Sky list the slot as "E4X Preview", which makes me believe it will eventually rebrand into E4X over the coming weeks. There's no way that after May 3rd, the same day as the C4 rebrand, is this any sort of error.
I would guess that is just a Tumble Tower style internal abbreviation for the channel not meant to be seen publicly but it is a catchy name that would work, though don't think they'd rebrand it so soon.

E4 and E4 Extra still seemingly unsure who is doing comedy and who is doing reality during daytime - seems a bit interchangeable.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - JAS84 - 06-05-2023

It's not like one of them has comedy in the name? E4 Extra is literally just E4 2.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - Brekkie - 06-05-2023

(06-05-2023, 11:05 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  It's not like one of them has comedy in the name? E4 Extra is literally just E4 2.

When it launched though they stated E4 Extra would concentrate on comedy and E4 reality, but it has, wisely IMO, been somewhat the opposite during the day at least - then switches during the evening.

RE: Channel 4 Pres: 2023 - Present - dbl - 06-05-2023

I went to a talk where the head of E4... (well...Youth and Digital) said that E4 has had to adapt to entertainment/reality as that's where the eyeballs are - they would love to have scripted comedy drama content of the mid-2000s to 2010s, but the finances and the current climate doesn't allow much room.