Pres Café
Nickelodeon 2023 Rebrand Thread - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Channel Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nickelodeon 2023 Rebrand Thread (/showthread.php?tid=443)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Nickelodeon UK 2023 Rebrand Thread - James2001 - 21-07-2023

Seems a bit unusual to show something 36 years old when they don't show any pre-2010s content any more apart from Spongebob.

RE: Nickelodeon UK 2023 Rebrand Thread - Neil Jones - 21-07-2023

Nickelodeon, according to the wonderfully reliable source that is Wiki, aired that 1993-1997.

I suspect it will be edited to a part, considering that's known in the UK as Hero Turtles, chopping the whole Ninja name out, but then keeping a lot of the fighting in it anyway. Believe they later copied that in the States where the show originated to make it more family friendly, thus effectively making the original two or three seasons Early Instalment Weirdness. Smile

Anyway wouldn't be the first time Nickelodeon buy something and then hack it to pieces so...

Never was my own cup of tea, but one of my siblings in their younger days was absolutely obsessed with it. Wallpaper, clothes, probably videos as well...

RE: Nickelodeon UK 2023 Rebrand Thread - JAS84 - 22-07-2023

That ninja censorship stopped being a real problem before TMHT's original run finished. Power Rangers had no problem mentioning Ninjas in 1995, the year before Turtles finished. There's no reason for it to be that old butchered version. I had a bunch of the VHS's, and in hindsight, you can really tell that How It All Began was cut to shreds.

RE: Nickelodeon UK 2023 Rebrand Thread - XIII - 22-07-2023

(21-07-2023, 11:28 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Nickelodeon, according to the wonderfully reliable source that is Wiki, aired that 1993-1997.

I suspect it will be edited to a part, considering that's known in the UK as Hero Turtles, chopping the whole Ninja name out, but then keeping a lot of the fighting in it anyway.  Believe they later copied that in the States where the show originated to make it more family friendly, thus effectively making the original two or three seasons Early Instalment Weirdness. Smile

Anyway wouldn't be the first time Nickelodeon buy something and then hack it to pieces so...

Never was my own cup of tea, but one of my siblings in their younger days was absolutely obsessed with it.  Wallpaper, clothes, probably videos as well...
TMNT have had more incarnations than Batman and Scooby-Doo!

RE: Nickelodeon UK 2023 Rebrand Thread - BBCChameleonFan - 22-07-2023

(21-07-2023, 01:52 PM)RegularCapital Wrote:  No sign of the Nick UK rebrand this morning, I'll keep an eye out for Saturday and also Monday. Fridays are an odd day to rebrand anyway. However, that was a tradition that Disney Channel used to do, the same day as the schools close for the summer, but it no longer stands as they're no longer in the linear UK TV market.
No sign of the Nickelodeon UK rebrand today (Saturday) either. Monday it shall be then!

RE: Nickelodeon UK 2023 Rebrand Thread - Brekkie - 23-07-2023

That's of much vintage and I remember it as Ninja Turtles, whatever it aired as at the time. Perhaps ot was rerun under the original name. Struggle to see how they had an issue with the word Ninja.

RE: Nickelodeon UK 2023 Rebrand Thread - James2001 - 23-07-2023

The movies were ninja turtles in the UK, but the TV series never was, even when CBBC repeated some of it in he early 00s.

And there was a lot of controversy about ninjas in the UK in the late 80s and early 90s, quite a few TV shows and movies got edited during that time.

RE: Nickelodeon UK 2023 Rebrand Thread - Tola - 23-07-2023

(23-07-2023, 12:23 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  That's of much vintage and I remember it as Ninja Turtles, whatever it aired as at the time.  Perhaps ot was rerun under the original name.    Struggle to see how they had an issue with the word Ninja.

AFAIK, it was for having strong negative connotations with "assassin" (which is what the word ninja means after all), and it was thought that it would've been too violent for children at the time, hence why in the UK, the original show was heavily edited to remove the word and certain weapons associated with it.

While looking it up, I found an article for the issue here:
https://tribunemag.co.uk/2021/04/when-the-right-tried-to-cancel-the-turtles 

RE: Nickelodeon UK 2023 Rebrand Thread - JamieMurph25 - 23-07-2023

(22-07-2023, 07:09 PM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  No sign of the Nickelodeon UK rebrand today (Saturday) either. Monday it shall be then!
I would say likely in line with the free-to-air switch in Australia on the 1st August.

RE: Nickelodeon UK 2023 Rebrand Thread - BBCChameleonFan - 24-07-2023

Actually, the new logo was leaked on Sky Go yesterday as mentioned by a BlueFrog discord server member, and I have the image now.
https://up.metropol247.co.uk/TVGuy/E240B51E-0A76-41B9-BE9D-294C77463950.jpeg