Pres Café
Amazon Prime Video - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Online Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Amazon Prime Video (/showthread.php?tid=45)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Amazon Prime Video - bilky asko - 03-01-2024

(03-01-2024, 03:26 PM)LondonViewer Wrote:  Well, turns out that refunds are available for those on annual subscriptions.

Not too surprising they've done this - this is the same retailer that often issues refunds with no requirement to return the item, or has let customers keep items sent in error. A small number of customers asking for a (relatively) small refund isn't going to be a sticking point.

RE: Amazon Prime Video - nwtv2003 - 05-01-2024

I see they’ve changed the opening ident/front cap again, on the new series of ‘James May Out Man In… India’ it has the existing animation but is now branded as Prime rather than Prime Video.

That ident seems to have changed styles and names several times, we’ve had Amazon Originals, Prime Original, Prime Video and now Prime.

RE: Amazon Prime Video - Lec_Ver16 - 06-01-2024

(05-01-2024, 11:01 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  I see they’ve changed the opening ident/front cap again, on the new series of ‘James May Out Man In… India’ it has the existing animation but is now branded as Prime rather than Prime Video.

That ident seems to have changed styles and names several times, we’ve had Amazon Originals, Prime Original, Prime Video and now Prime.

On Latinamerica only on the last year, the service was promoted as "Prime Video", later as "Prime" and now again to "Amazon Prime". They don´t seem to agree on the branding.

RE: Amazon Prime Video - WillPS - 06-01-2024

(03-01-2024, 05:33 PM)Jon Wrote:  That said having put the price up in the last year or so and people may start questioning what they’re actually paying for.

This is where I'm at with it. I'm on my last year of Prime Student. Don't think I can justify the full membership when that eventually runs out - most of my orders are Subscribe & Save these days, and there's no saving (convenience or monetary) there with Prime.

It does occasionally come in useful and I guess on those occasions I can just buy a month of it when I need it.

RE: Amazon Prime Video - dvboy - 07-01-2024

Got rid of it when it ran out at the end of December, since they no longer have the tennis coverage.
I can wait a few days longer for my parcels (I usually get them delivered to an Amazon locker up the road and rarely collect them the next day anyway)

RE: Amazon Prime Video - ArthurVX - 08-01-2024

A
(06-01-2024, 02:41 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  On Latinamerica only on the last year, the service was promoted as "Prime Video", later as "Prime" and now again to "Amazon Prime". They don´t seem to agree on the branding.

Apparently, Amazon is promoting more Prime as a whole, instead of just Prime Video (in line with their "It's on (Amazon) Prime" brand platform). However, until late last year, Amazon used the "mature markets" Prime logo for Prime Video on their so-called "emerging markets", where the Amazon brand isn't as recognized, to the point they only need to use the "smile" logo to represent Amazon, while the retail arm always used the "emerging markets" logo, saying "Amazon Prime". Now, they're all in line.

RE: Amazon Prime Video - AndyB2008 - 06-02-2024

(17-12-2023, 05:39 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Central used to love it. Surprised really a home wasn't found for it on ITV2.

The first year of Shortland Street has been uploaded to YouTube.

Looking on it now, it's like a 1975-style (band, not year) version of The Young Doctors aimed at that audience.

RE: Amazon Prime Video - Neil Jones - 07-02-2024

Much made of Amazon's new ad default option.
But from what I've seen its very limited to the point of being almost non existant.

Mind you Freevee is the same, and occasionally content plays straight through without any interruption, but as it tells you "Free with ads", not to get any is a bonus.

RE: Amazon Prime Video - Ash101 - 08-02-2024

(07-02-2024, 11:48 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Much made of Amazon's new ad default option.
But from what I've seen its very limited to the point of being almost non existant.

Mind you Freevee is the same, and occasionally content plays straight through without any interruption, but as it tells you "Free with ads", not to get any is a bonus.

That’s interesting to know!

We have Prime for the delivery and only watch a handful of things on Prime Video so wouldn’t pay the extra regularly. But decided we’d probably do it for specific things such as the new series of Clarkson’s Farm.

Although, I guess they may ramp it up on newer popular releases!

RE: Amazon Prime Video - WillPS - 08-02-2024

Currently rewatching Parks & Rec via Freevee (for lack of any ad-less options, other than getting box sets or an ITVX+ sub) and can confirm there's hardly any adverts. I thought at first this might be like STV Player or UKTV Play where they 'start gently' and ramp up over a few episodes, but 4 seasons and 3 weeks later there's still hardly any.

They're inserted quite randomly when they do have them tho.