Pres Café
Disney+ - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Online Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Disney+ (/showthread.php?tid=451)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Disney+ - Rdd - 24-03-2024

All I can find are taken-out-of-context comments from Bob Iger based on Disney having acquired Hulu in the US and looking at combining the two.

Which, of course is what exists already outside of the US, where (in some countries including the UK & Ireland), Star, the international version of Hulu, is a tile on Disney+

RE: Disney+ - Newshound47 - 24-03-2024

(24-03-2024, 05:18 PM)Rdd Wrote:  All I can find are taken-out-of-context comments from Bob Iger based on Disney having acquired Hulu in the US and looking at combining the two.

Which, of course is what exists already outside of the US, where (in some countries including the UK & Ireland), Star, the international version of Hulu, is a tile on Disney+
Not that but the whole investor board battle. One side is being seen as wanting to streamline and focus on the theme parks and cut unprofitable aspects.

RE: Disney+ - Brekkie - 24-03-2024

(24-03-2024, 02:48 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  There is a lot of speculation Disney + could be shut down depending on the result of the Disney Board election.
By "a lot of speculation" you mean a debunked six month old conspiracy theory originating from one discredited website article?

Disney+ feels like the only US network backed latecomer to the streaming market that has actually successfully cut through.

RE: Disney+ - Kunst - 24-03-2024

You gotta love the hatred some people have got for Disney

So much they launch speculation about the whole operation shutting down
You can see it all over YouTube, e.g. people hating Disney for being too "woke" (I hate so much this term).

The day Disney+ will really shut down, then the whole company might as well

RE: Disney+ - Brekkie - 25-03-2024

Spent most tonight watching the excellent Shogun. Signed up to their £1.99 offer for the ad supported plan but had just one ad break of less than a minute all night.

RE: Disney+ - XIII - 25-03-2024

There's no chance Disney+ shuts down, they have a path to profitability.

RE: Disney+ - tellyblues - 25-03-2024

It's no surprise that Disney+ has succeeded. It's not niche and brandless like most streaming services. Everyone has a connection to Disney whether it be growing up with the animated and live action films, the bought-in properties and modern day content people wouldn't immediately class as "Disney".

RE: Disney+ - Rdd - 25-03-2024

It’s the best of the streamers, if someone asked me to pick between it and Netflix or Prime Video, I would choose it any day. (Paramount+ runs a close second, though).

As far as I can see, none of the rebelling shareholders has enough of a stake to take control of the company, and none have stated they want to shut Disney+ down totally (noises made about pulling out of some markets where local regulations make the cost of doing business not worth the sales) and even if both slates of “rebel” director candidates were elected to the board, they still wouldn’t form a majority. (Why is the entire board up for re-nomination anyway? Usually on this side of the Atlantic it’s only a a subset of directors at any one time, unless they all resign after a takeover or suchlike)

RE: Disney+ - Newshound47 - 25-03-2024

(25-03-2024, 07:57 AM)Rdd Wrote:  It’s the best of the streamers, if someone asked me to pick between it and Netflix or Prime Video, I would choose it any day. (Paramount+ runs a close second, though).

As far as I can see, none of the rebelling shareholders has enough of a stake to take control of the company, and none have stated they want to shut Disney+ down totally (noises made about pulling out of some markets where local regulations make the cost of doing business not worth the sales) and even if both slates of “rebel” director candidates were elected to the board, they still wouldn’t form a majority. (Why is the entire board up for re-nomination anyway? Usually on this side of the Atlantic it’s only a a subset of directors at any one time, unless they all resign after a takeover or suchlike)

I through it’s being seen that a compromise deal could involve suspending new content on Disney + to focus mainly on just the theme parks business,

RE: Disney+ - XIII - 25-03-2024

Let's be real, Nelson Peltz won't shut down Disney+ because he wouldn't have the power to do so as one director, even two directors would struggle.