Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 08:49 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Maybe as a guest host for the week but would be foolish to bring him back full time.  Can't see him having much chemistry with Holly. 

Is Tipping Point filming at the moment - Holly has worked well with Ben previously so if available could see him guest hosting a couple of Mon/Tue if he's available.  Bradley might do a couple of days too but Gladiators begins filming soon.

Just hope they do have a permanent arrangement in place by the autumn.  Radio 2 showed it's possible to replace a long standing host in a similar time frame - though the only issue maybe is there are rumours Martin Frizzell will be replaced as the programme editor in the summer too so they may want the new editor to make that decision.

Tipping Point films between April-June but Ben normally does a few days on GMB here and there during that period, I wouldn't be surprised if he's asked to a couple of This Mornings instead of GMB. He's a safe pair of hands which at this time is what the show needs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Holly has final say for who she wants to co-host. My guess is that they'll want someone who's similar in age so early to late 40s, 50 at a push. Jake Humphrey if he's up for it would be my choice.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 21-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 11:25 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  The Sun are claiming 170k switched off because the feud.

Firstly they compared a bank holiday with a regular Monday the following week, and the BBC article overnight states all of ITV daytime was down last week, likely weather related more than anything else.

The speculation something would appear in the Sunday papers seems unfounded.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Stooky Bill - 21-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 10:04 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 09:52 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  This Morning 35th birthday is in October, the'll make sure something is ni place for that.

I suspect now 21 of those 35 years are probably not going to be something they want to celebrate at the moment the 35th celebrations will be low key.
I doubt they were going to do much for the 35th anyway, it's not a milestone anniversary

(20-05-2023, 10:17 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  According to the Sun, "Producers have compiled an emergency team of fill-in hosts from their presenting roster to keep the show afloat for the next week"

I'm guessing that either Alison, Dermott or both are unavailable Mon-Thu next week, otherwise they'd presumably take the baton
Presumably at some point around now Alison is busy with Bake Off, which is weekends but would mean a heavy workload doing that and This Morning in the week

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Joe - 21-05-2023

You’ve obviously never watched This Morning if you think they were never going to do much for 35!

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Pips2022 - 21-05-2023

Perhaps a word at some point for the tabloid reporters who wrote about the feud weeks ago….but were dismissed in the lowest terms by some of the members on here!

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Newshound47 - 21-05-2023

I can see them not bothering with the 35th this year, How do you do such a celebration months after the host for the majority of the run resigns in abrupt circumstances.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - shenleyroad - 21-05-2023

Twitter rumour mill aside, if you're taking all this at face value from ITV and the press is it just me who thinks things just don't add up? I think Holly comes out of it looking terrible if we're going by what we know. She's perfectly entitled to be angry with Phil about not telling her the brother story and any other rows they may have had, but based on what is out there it looks like she's forced her colleague of 13 years, the guy who picked her for the show and was always extremely supportive of her in public, out with immediate effect, no farewell, no nothing. Now this may NOT be the case, but at present I think it's a terrible look and PR for Holly.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 09:50 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  Perhaps a word at some point for the tabloid reporters who wrote about the feud weeks ago….but were dismissed in the lowest terms by some of the members on here!

If you think he's left because of the "feud" you really do believe what you read in the papers.   Those reporters have hounded him out of the role. It may be justified that he shouldn't be in the role, but those who often speak loudest about the curse of cancel culture have made sure he got cancelled.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 09:50 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  Perhaps a word at some point for the tabloid reporters who wrote about the feud weeks ago….but were dismissed in the lowest terms by some of the members on here!
Nah, I’ll pass

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - TJTSW - 21-05-2023

Whatever happened, This will be good time for a rebrand of the show and some tweeks to the studio as the titles are looking stale even the none presenters ones