Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - aaron_scotland - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 09:50 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  Perhaps a word at some point for the tabloid reporters who wrote about the feud weeks ago….but were dismissed in the lowest terms by some of the members on here!

To be honest, the 'story' that is alleged and not confirmed first came about in Feb 2020 if I recall, Covid really helped push it down the headlines pretty quickly. I'm surprised its taken so long to resurface.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DeMarkay - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 11:11 AM)TJTSW Wrote:  Whatever happened, This will be good time for a rebrand of the show and some tweeks to the studio as the titles are looking stale even the none presenters ones

Yeah, it’s been almost ten years of the current branding and set (in two forms) and five years of the current set of titles

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Ash101 - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 06:30 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  The speculation something would appear in the Sunday papers seems unfounded.

I think The Sun publishing the story that he was told on Thursday his contract wasn’t being renewed is the story which forced him to announce it yesterday afternoon?

It doesn’t say he was going to leave with immediate effect, but I guess any chance of him/ITV managing the situation once details of those talks were released had gone

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 11:11 AM)TJTSW Wrote:  Whatever happened, This will be good time for a rebrand of the show and some tweeks to the studio as the titles are looking stale even the none presenters ones

Exactly.   Might be wise to claw back from the titles being all about the presenters.   The recent Coronation Street titles worked well and something similar with scenes from across the UK could work well.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - L1_ - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 11:17 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  
(21-05-2023, 06:30 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  The speculation something would appear in the Sunday papers seems unfounded.

I think The Sun publishing the story that he was told on Thursday his contract wasn’t being renewed is the story which forced him to announce it yesterday afternoon?

It doesn’t say he was going to leave with immediate effect, but I guess any chance of him/ITV managing the situation once details of those talks were released had gone
They have obviously for some reason taken the decision for him to go immediately, which is strange. He could have gone quietly and not returned after summer. Not been handled well by ITV at all, and just adds fuel to the speculation doing the rounds. All in all must be very sad for Phil after 20 years.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Johnr - 21-05-2023

Something I read yesterday suggested they waited until Saturday because the trial verdict of Phil’s brother was taking place on Friday

It also gave him chance to escape on holiday fairly quietly without having the media circus camping outside his house hounding him like they did with Gary Lineker recently

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 21-05-2023

I don't think this dragging on another couple of months would have been in anyone's interest and Phil will be paid the remaining weeks anyway. They've not even given him this week as a farewell - harsh perhaps but understandable. ITV have handled it as well as they could really.

I do hope they at least put a package of highlights together to air on Monday rather than gloss over it.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - robertclark125 - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 08:10 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 10:04 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I suspect now 21 of those 35 years are probably not going to be something they want to celebrate at the moment the 35th celebrations will be low key.
I doubt they were going to do much for the 35th anyway, it's not a milestone anniversary

(20-05-2023, 10:17 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  According to the Sun, "Producers have compiled an emergency team of fill-in hosts from their presenting roster to keep the show afloat for the next week"

I'm guessing that either Alison, Dermott or both are unavailable Mon-Thu next week, otherwise they'd presumably take the baton
Presumably at some point around now Alison is busy with Bake Off, which is weekends but would mean a heavy workload doing that and This Morning in the week
What about Craig Doyle, in between rugby union gigs for BT sport?

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - cando - 21-05-2023

It must be fun working in the ITV HR daytime department. With Piers Morgan, Jeremy Kyle and Philip being sacked in the last 3 years.

Let's pray for Bradley Walsh 🙏

He is pretty much the stand in male stand in now so expect him to feature certainly in the interim, and suspect he was already due to host a bit in the summer.