Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Phillip Schofield Steps Down - Alessi - 21-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 03:43 PM)TravisM Wrote:  Wow didn't expect that. I for one did not believe the rumours, but I guess there must have been some fact. The fact that Phil's statement doesn't mention Holly at all & that Holly doesn't reference their friendship is telling.  Such a shame as I always found them a fantastic duo. I hope on Mondays show when they announce the news they at least show a highlights package. They can't just ignore 20-odd years of service to the show.

In terms of a replacement, Mulhern seems a bit too OTT for Thir Morning. I could see him replacing Phil on DOI but not This Morning. On This morning, what about an Allison & Holly pairing, with Josie replacing Alison on Fridays?
I know it won't happen, but it would be nice if some of us on here who suggested there was truth in the tabloid stories (only to have our throat jumped down) received an apology. People don't just leave £750,000 a year jobs just because newspapers have decided to make up stories about them. 
In terms of a replacement I can see it going down the route of being refreshed as all female led, so Alison and Holly maybe.

RE: Phillip Schofield Steps Down - Andrew - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 12:39 PM)Alessi Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 03:43 PM)TravisM Wrote:  Wow didn't expect that. I for one did not believe the rumours, but I guess there must have been some fact. The fact that Phil's statement doesn't mention Holly at all & that Holly doesn't reference their friendship is telling.  Such a shame as I always found them a fantastic duo. I hope on Mondays show when they announce the news they at least show a highlights package. They can't just ignore 20-odd years of service to the show.

In terms of a replacement, Mulhern seems a bit too OTT for Thir Morning. I could see him replacing Phil on DOI but not This Morning. On This morning, what about an Allison & Holly pairing, with Josie replacing Alison on Fridays?
I know it won't happen, but it would be nice if some of us on here who suggested there was truth in the tabloid stories (only to have our throat jumped down) received an apology. People don't just leave £750,000 a year jobs just because newspapers have decided to make up stories about them. 
In terms of a replacement I can see it going down the route of being refreshed as all female led, so Alison and Holly maybe.
The papers will turn on Holly now and make her quit. It’s already started with Dan Wootton bringing on Kim Woodburn to insult Holly and stir the pot further

The BBC have also just sent out a breaking news alert “Holly and Phil: What went wrong?”

RE: Phillip Schofield Steps Down - DTV - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 12:49 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The BBC have also just sent out a breaking news alert “Holly and Phil: What went wrong?”
I enjoy their continued commitment to getting everybody to turn off BBC News' push notification function.

RE: Phillip Schofield Steps Down - Scrotnig - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 01:00 PM)DTV Wrote:  I enjoy their continued commitment to getting everybody to turn off BBC News' push notification function.
I did that back in 2020 when they started pushing out multiple alerts a day about some "terrifying" Covid statistic.
For mental health purposes it was essential and I have never felt the need to turn it back on because whereas at one time "Breaking News" was something major and serious, today it is used (as we see above) for irrelevant tedious celebrity gossip. No thanks!

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 21-05-2023

It certainly shouldn’t be used for magazine features.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - i.h - 21-05-2023

BBC alerts have been naff for years. I've always wanted them to implement a severity level / list of categories to opt in to.

I don't mind being alerted for the death of the monarch or (prime) minister resignation or major incident (the government has their own system for that now, I guess) - but not the trivial celeb crap.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - cando - 21-05-2023

Jake Humphrey is leaving BT. Both he and Holly have been close friends since their CBBC days together. Although I suspect he wants to concentrate on his growing production company

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Ash101 - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 01:31 PM)Jon Wrote:  It certainly shouldn’t be used for magazine features.

It wasn’t tagged as “Breaking News”, it simply had BBC News as the header a bit like when they send out a notification each week to alert us to Laura’s Sunday morning show guest. 

I don’t have volume on, but I wonder if the BBC sound still goes off for these ones?

Do agree though, they should let people opt in for “major” or “all” notifications.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 21-05-2023

Im sure Jake could do This Morning and focus on Whisper as well. In terms of commitment, This Morning is a fairly easy gig

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 02:14 PM)XIII Wrote:  Im sure Jake could do This Morning and focus on Whisper as well. In terms of commitment, This Morning is a fairly easy gig
Well it’s a pretty big commitment if he’s to take it on full time, arguably more than a couple of football matches a week or a daytime gameshow which can be recorded over a few months. Also depends how much time he needs to devote to other projects and how lucrative they are compared to this.