Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 21-05-2023

There was just a question “Name someone who appears on This Morning” on Family Fortunes

Holly was top answer, Phillip second, Eamonn Holmes 5th

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 07:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  There was just a question “Name someone who appears on This Morning” on Family Fortunes

Filmed quite some time ago I suspect.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 21-05-2023

Not sure if the answers would be that much different if it was filmed recently. They’d just be less likely to include the question.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - bilky asko - 21-05-2023

And in an evening of coincidences, Eamonn Holmes is on The Chase, alongside the man of many a tabloid rumour Danny John-Jules

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Juicy Joe - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 07:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  There was just a question “Name someone who appears on This Morning” on Family Fortunes

Apparently, the contestant won a prize for answering "Phillip Schofield".

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - tellyblues - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 10:04 AM)shenleyroad Wrote:  Twitter rumour mill aside, if you're taking all this at face value from ITV and the press is it just me who thinks things just don't add up? I think Holly comes out of it looking terrible if we're going by what we know. She's perfectly entitled to be angry with Phil about not telling her the brother story and any other rows they may have had, but based on what is out there it looks like she's forced her colleague of 13 years, the guy who picked her for the show and was always extremely supportive of her in public, out with immediate effect, no farewell, no nothing. Now this may NOT be the case, but at present I think it's a terrible look and PR for Holly.

Holly may well come out of this looking terrible, but she is keeping her job and everything else is based on what people have read by others who don't know either. The statements released maybe haven't helped but people will try to read between the lines and believe what they want no matter what. If what they're looking for is Philip and Holly patting each other on the back then there would be more accusations about them falling out, so damned if you do... The public nor the press know why Holly wasn't mentioned by Philip in his statement - it could be to protect her. Who knows?

As for Holly being angry about not being told certain things, she doesn't have to be told. She's not being accused of anything. The "person" who is entirely to blame is the individual who was found guilty in court. The timing of everything and how events have unfolded is not ideal, which will cause people to make up scenarios, but they're just that.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Toby brown - 21-05-2023

I don't know has already said this on here already but apparently Phil and holly have spoken on the phone after the announcement yesterday so maybe the rumours of a rift are untrue

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Blubatt - 21-05-2023

Putting everything mentioned aside, be it rumours, controversy, personal life, Philip Schofield's exit could also just be a sign of changing times. He has hosted the show for 20 years, Richard and Judy only did it for 13 years. Some would argue the show has needed a freshen up for a few years. Personally, I'd just rename it This Morning, and remove presenter names. The show should be bigger than the people who host it, in my opinion.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 21-05-2023

To clarify the show is still called just ‘This Morning’, the titles just include the presenters names

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - NI92 - 21-05-2023

To complete the list of 5, Alison Hammond was 3rd and Gino himself was 4th on the list. As others have said suspect it was recorded quite a while ago as still has no audience and Gino seems to be distancing from the families but funny coincidence it was broadcast the day after Schofield resigned.