Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - VMPhil - 21-05-2023

RIP “Philip and Holly Are The Brand” 2018-2023

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Ash101 - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 10:06 PM)NI92 Wrote:  
(21-05-2023, 07:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  There was just a question “Name someone who appears on This Morning” on Family Fortunes

Holly was top answer, Phillip second, Eamonn Holmes 5th

To complete the list of 5, Alison Hammond was 3rd and Gino himself was 4th on the list. As others have said suspect it was recorded quite a while ago as still has no audience and Gino seems to be distancing from the families but funny coincidence it was broadcast the day after Schofield resigned.

Someone from one of the families who was on it last week said it was filmed over 2 years ago.

So despite the fact this is the third batch of episodes to air, it’s all from 1 filming block.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - bilky asko - 21-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 11:07 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  
(21-05-2023, 10:06 PM)NI92 Wrote:  To complete the list of 5, Alison Hammond was 3rd and Gino himself was 4th on the list. As others have said suspect it was recorded quite a while ago as still has no audience and Gino seems to be distancing from the families but funny coincidence it was broadcast the day after Schofield resigned.

Someone from one of the families who was on it last week said it was filmed over 2 years ago.

So despite the fact this is the third batch of episodes to air, it’s all from 1 filming block.

Not too dissimilar to the first-run episode of The Celebrity Chase that followed, which had a copyright year of 2021.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Johnr - 22-05-2023

(21-05-2023, 08:43 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  
(21-05-2023, 07:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  There was just a question “Name someone who appears on This Morning” on Family Fortunes

Holly was top answer, Phillip second, Eamonn Holmes 5th
Apparently, the contestant won a prize for answering "Phillip Schofield".

A Darwin Escapes break no less...Cornwall being one of the destinations available!

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - TJTSW - 22-05-2023

it will be intresting to see if GMB cover it this morning, as it will be first of the ITV Shows to cover it from the weekend?

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Former Member 406 - 22-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 07:05 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Andi Peters? Has history of stepping into roles after Schofield moves on
"Roles"? Plural?

Apart from Andi Peters becoming Phillip Schofield's successor in the BBC One Saturday morning kids' magazine slot in 1993, has there ever been anything else where Peters effectively "replaced" Schofield?

If there has been, I'm unaware of it.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - bilky asko - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 07:06 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 07:05 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Andi Peters? Has history of stepping into roles after Schofield moves on
"Roles"? Plural?

Apart from Andi Peters becoming Phillip Schofield's successor in the BBC One Saturday morning kids' magazine slot in 1993, has there ever been anything else where Peters effectively "replaced" Schofield?

He was also part of the initial presenter line-up of Live & Kicking, which directly replaced Going Live.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Former Member 406 - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 07:17 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(22-05-2023, 07:06 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  "Roles"? Plural?

He was also part of the initial presenter line-up of Live & Kicking, which directly replaced Going Live.
Err... that's the exact thing that I was referring to.

Going Live and Live & Kicking both being the "BBC One Saturday morning kids' magazine slot", which is what I said.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 22-05-2023

Both did the broom cupboard slot too but I think Andy Crane was in between them.

Dermot and Alison now officially confirmed to host This Morning this morning - no word about the rest of the week. Assume they were due to host half term next week though IIRC back in February Josie and Craig did half term so that's not a certainty.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - bilky asko - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 07:26 AM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  
(22-05-2023, 07:17 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  He was also part of the initial presenter line-up of Live & Kicking, which directly replaced Going Live.
Err... that's the exact thing that I was referring to.

Going Live and Live & Kicking both being the "BBC One Saturday morning kids' magazine slot", which is what I said.

Indeed, I misread the circuitousness as a reference the Broom Cupboard, where you could argue it was the only time he was a direct successor.