Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Keith - 22-05-2023

Looking back at the events of the past week and how they've been handled there does seem to be a cruel irony that this occurred during Mental Health Awareness Week. There might have been the potential to have a feature where the presenters could have talked about how negative press coverage (e.g. 'queue-gate') affected their mental health. Maybe it had been considered, but one or more person didn't wish to do such feature.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 22-05-2023

I don't think that would have come across well though - basically privileged presenters being held accountable, however valid the topic might be. Sadly the press still control the narrative, and they're basically the new Harry and Meghan as far as they're concerned.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DeMarkay - 22-05-2023

Regardless of what may come out about Phil, or not, it's very sad to see him shafted out of a programme he's been part of for twenty years.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - cando - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 09:44 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  Regardless of what may come out about Phil, or not, it's very sad to see him shafted out of a programme he's been part of for twenty years.
I

I'm sure Amanda, Rylan, Fern, Ruth etc sent their regards

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - all new phil - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 09:44 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  Regardless of what may come out about Phil, or not, it's very sad to see him shafted out of a programme he's been part of for twenty years.

Schofield is not the victim here ffs.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DeMarkay - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 09:51 AM)all new phil Wrote:  

Schofield is not the victim here ffs.

I never once said that he is the victim here. I was simply seeing this situation from a different perspective.

A nice, sombre acknowledgement from Alison and Dermot there.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DAL1189 - 22-05-2023

I thought that was handled pretty tactfully, succinct and sufficiently somber acknowledgement of the situation and then back into the show.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 22-05-2023

Generic titles but seemingly butchered at the end - sure they're not like that in the summer.

Very brief tribute to Phil over still photos and thanks for everything he's done over the last 21 years and praising him as one of the best presenters in the business - but they don't actually mention he's left for anyone unaware. A mention Holly is back in two weeks and then straight into the show.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Ash101 - 22-05-2023

It was like an obituary based on tone & those pictures. Although I guess it was, to his career…

Obviously looking for other things to discuss in the Morning View segment

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - cando - 22-05-2023

The fakeness of this news review is amazing.