Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 02:35 PM)XIII Wrote:  
(22-05-2023, 02:31 PM)Jon Wrote:  I wouldn’t be surprised if Fern Britton starts to pop up from time to time now as a guest presenter.

I'm not sure Fern would want to, she seems happy doing the odd bit of presenting and writing much like Richard and Judy.
That’s exactly what she’d be doing an odd bit of presenting, like Richard and Judy did a while back. I assume if Phil holds as much as clout as they say, it wouldn’t have been contemplated before.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Daveuk - 22-05-2023

Eamonn seems to be getting a little more vocal 

[align=left]
[/align]

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - bilky asko - 22-05-2023

Probably best not to post the clip of the aftermath either, as it contains enough allusions to what was initially said.

EDIT: The post I was replying to has now been deleted. It's important to note that retweets and embeds of a defamatory tweet can be actionable.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 03:02 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  Eamonn seems to be getting a little more vocal 

That 3rd appearance on The Chase he was promised last night after he was caught by the chaser won’t be happening then

Ranting about people in the industry including it seems every single person who works at ITV, is ruining his legacy

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 04:14 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
(22-05-2023, 03:02 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  Eamonn seems to be getting a little more vocal 

That 3rd appearance on The Chase he was promised last night after he was caught by the chaser won’t be happening then

Ranting about people in the industry including it seems every single person who works at ITV, is ruining his legacy

Ruth still works at ITV so it's odd that Eamonn thinks he can get away with that rant.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 04:14 PM)Andrew Wrote:  

They won’t be bothered that he’s not been complimentary about Phil, but he’s not said nice things about ITV and Holly either. Then again management will change and they’ll continue to need to find people for their show. Also it might have already been recorded now. I’m surprised that was only his second appearance. Considering how they like to keep using the same faces.

(22-05-2023, 04:16 PM)XIII Wrote:  
(22-05-2023, 04:14 PM)Andrew Wrote:  That 3rd appearance on The Chase he was promised last night after he was caught by the chaser won’t be happening then

Ruth still works at ITV so it's odd that Eamonn thinks he can get away with that rant.

But the wife isn’t responsible for what her husband says although to some extent I’m sure Eamonn is speaking for both of them. Secondly I think Ruth is in a much stronger position now over ITV than she was a few weeks ago.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 22-05-2023

Ranting about who and how ITV Daytime is run, whilst your wife is employed by them in a prominent role, is a risky move.

You’ll notice that most Celebs are not saying anything about the situation, only rent a rant types and professional stirrers are getting involved, as is generally the way

Say nothing or else you might find yourself embroiled in a scandal depending on how the story progresses which isn’t worth it on the basis of a throwaway tweet

The narrative is such that it would be very difficult to punish Ruth over what Eamonn says about this and would only help to validate Holmes’s angle that Schofield was behind them being pushed out the door.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 22-05-2023

Eamonn doing what he's paid for at a hate for hire station. Indeed so far the public backlash seems to be limited to Dan Woottan, Kim Woodburn, Eamonn Holmes and, in emoji form, Amanda Holden, whose supposed "feud" with him is pretty pathetic if she's still bitter 5 years on over bosses choosing someone else to sit alongside him when Holly did I'm a Celeb. Indeed considering how desperate she reportedly was to do the gig again having worked with him as Holly's maternity cover suggests he was someone she was keen to work with again, even if it turned out he wasn't so keen to work with her.

I do feel now the only way to kill the story is for the full story to come out.

(22-05-2023, 04:40 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Eamonn doing what he's paid for at a hate for hire station. 
To be fair to Eamonn and I don’t watch it a lot, but as you’d expect he’s usually quite reserved on that channel compared to most of the presenters. I even heard him express some sympathy to those making the trip across the English channel once.

Having said all that aside from Eamonn most the people complaining about Phil who’ve actually worked with him, are those who’ve taken exception to his questioning in interviews and it being the case that he wasn’t asking the questions they wanted to be asked.