Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 22-05-2023

I do like Eamonn but I always got the sense that he thought some of the segments on This Morning like fashion, beauty etc were beneath him and actually whatever you might think of Alison and Dermot, they actually show some interest in those segments.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Lester - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 04:54 PM)XIII Wrote:  I do like Eamonn but I always got the sense that he thought some of the segments on This Morning like fashion, beauty etc were beneath him and actually whatever you might think of Alison and Dermot, they actually show some interest in those segments.

I recall Eamonn Holmes being known to be a rather difficult colleague to deal with during his time on GMTV back in the day....

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Ash101 - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 04:54 PM)XIII Wrote:  I do like Eamonn but I always got the sense that he thought some of the segments on This Morning like fashion, beauty etc were beneath him and actually whatever you might think of Alison and Dermot, they actually show some interest in those segments.

I guess they didn't want to revisit ITV Breakfast of years gone by, but he did seem like a more natural fit for GMB in recent years...maybes swapping with Ben Shephard who would've worked better on This Morning.

Did Ruth ever officially leave? I think she only did 1 week last summer alongside Rylan? Either way, she's not really needed either as Loose Women needs anchors.

Interesting post from Dan Wootton on Mail Online tonight where he has said: "at least four household name stars had plotted to ambush the scandal-plagued presenter live on air"... also an interesting quote about International Women's Day

"Holly, in conjunction with the show's editor Frizell, had decided that there should be an all-female presenting line-up to mark the occasion, side-lining Phillip entirely. But Phillip was furious about the plans and went over Holly's head to Frizell's boss Gormley to put a stop to them."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12111409/amp/DAN-WOOTTON-reveals-Phillip-Schofields-fate-sealed-fears-air-sabotage.html 

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Keith - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 04:40 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Indeed so far the public backlash seems to be limited to Dan Woottan, Kim Woodburn, Eamonn Holmes and, in emoji form, Amanda Holden
I rather suspect with Kim Woodburn a lot of that may originate to her appearance and behaviour on Celebrity Juice, or rather what wasn’t broadcast. Rufus Hound has mentioned the incident in interviews, and if I recall cited the fallout from it as being part of the reason why he left that show.

Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 05:38 PM)Lester Wrote:  

I recall Eamonn Holmes being known to be a rather difficult colleague to deal with during his time on GMTV back in the day....
Didn’t he famously get Anthea “Princess tippy toes” Turner sacked?

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 06:02 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  

I guess they didn't want to revisit ITV Breakfast of years gone by, but he did seem like a more natural fit for GMB in recent years...maybes swapping with Ben Shephard who would've worked better on This Morning.

Did Ruth ever officially leave? I think she only did 1 week last summer alongside Rylan? Either way, she's not really needed either as Loose Women needs anchors.

Interesting post from Dan Wootton on Mail Online tonight where he has said: "at least four household name stars had plotted to ambush the scandal-plagued presenter live on air"... also an interesting quote about International Women's Day

"Holly, in conjunction with the show's editor Frizell, had decided that there should be an all-female presenting line-up to mark the occasion, side-lining Phillip entirely. But Phillip was furious about the plans and went over Holly's head to Frizell's boss Gormley to put a stop to them."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12111409/amp/DAN-WOOTTON-reveals-Phillip-Schofields-fate-sealed-fears-air-sabotage.html 

The question is, do you believe a word that man says?

You can only imagine how smug he will be on his show tonight. He has one of those faces at the best of times.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 06:08 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(22-05-2023, 04:40 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Indeed so far the public backlash seems to be limited to Dan Woottan, Kim Woodburn, Eamonn Holmes and, in emoji form, Amanda Holden
I rather suspect with Kim Woodburn a lot of that may originate to her appearance and behaviour on Celebrity Juice, or rather what wasn’t broadcast. Rufus Hound has mentioned the incident in interviews, and if I recall cited the fallout from it as being part of the reason why he left that show.

God, that must be over a decade ago.  Way to hold a grudge.  From what I've seen of her she could fall out with people in an empty room.

Back to the host situation if Dermot does move up to the front of the week would be a shame to see his regular partnership with Alison come to an end.   I could see Alison and Dermot splitting Mon-Thu and doing two days each with Holly and retaining their Fridays together, which might work quite well.   Craig and Josie could then do the half terms etc.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - brioalex - 22-05-2023

One thing I do find quite interesting about this whole situation is the lack of celebrities, people that knew Phil or those that have worked with him coming out in his defence... You would've thought if he hadn't done anything wrong that there would of been an outpouring of people in the news or on social media saying how much of a shame it is he's left or that it was nice to work with him on various shows etc.

There have been a handful at best that I have seen but considering the amount of celebs and people he's worked with over the years it's very telling that they are staying well away from the whole subject.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 06:49 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(22-05-2023, 06:08 PM)Keith Wrote:  I rather suspect with Kim Woodburn a lot of that may originate to her appearance and behaviour on Celebrity Juice, or rather what wasn’t broadcast. Rufus Hound has mentioned the incident in interviews, and if I recall cited the fallout from it as being part of the reason why he left that show.

God, that must be over a decade ago.  Way to hold a grudge.  From what I've seen of her she could fall out with people in an empty room.

Back to the host situation if Dermot does move up to the front of the week would be a shame to see his regular artnership with Alison come to an end.   I could see Alison and Dermot splitting Mon-Thu and doing two days each with Holly and retaining their Fridays together, which might work quite well.   Craig and Josie could then do the half terms etc.
I don't think that'd work on a permanent basis. This Morning is all about having two distinct teams.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 22-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 07:03 PM)XIII Wrote:  
(22-05-2023, 06:49 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  God, that must be over a decade ago.  Way to hold a grudge.  From what I've seen of her she could fall out with people in an empty room.

Back to the host situation if Dermot does move up to the front of the week would be a shame to see his regular artnership with Alison come to an end.   I could see Alison and Dermot splitting Mon-Thu and doing two days each with Holly and retaining their Fridays together, which might work quite well.   Craig and Josie could then do the half terms etc.
I don't think that'd work on a permanent basis. This Morning is all about having two distinct teams.
It’s not what This Morning is all about, it just how they’ve operated until now. But I think that probably happened as much by accident than anything else with Richard & Judy not wanting to do a 5 day week and it just following that structure.

I think it’s pretty strong call from Brekkie. Alison and Dermot get to do three days a week, Holly remains on 4 days a week but it would also in a way make her lead presenter which sounds like something that might be attractive to her team.