Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 12:00 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Just a thought - any chance of John Leslie returning? He was cleared of the allegations that saw him replaced by Schofield 20 years ago.

John Leslie ruled out returning to TV a while back and let's be honest, his time has passed.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Stooky Bill - 23-05-2023

(22-05-2023, 11:28 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Ann and nick once did This morning in 1990, Jerry springer did a stint with Judi, who could forget this one time MP from Central news...

Richard bath and Anna Soubry
https://youtu.be/WCMwz9tPWFQ?t=60 
Anna Soubry was a presenter on This Morning right from the start, doing a regular soap opera item. In the early days other ITV companies produced items for This Morning and hers was Central's contribution

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 12:00 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Just a thought - any chance of John Leslie returning? He was cleared of the allegations that saw him replaced by Schofield 20 years ago.

As much chance as Michael Barrymore getting the gig.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - tellyblues - 23-05-2023

Sadly, the vultures would just reappear and dig up any old dirt to cause another scandal.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Johnr - 23-05-2023

In what is perhaps slightly awkward timing the longlist voting has opened for the National Television Awards, I can't see This Morning not making it to the shortlist (voting image of a generic This Morning logo sticks out like a sore thumb among the other images though!) but it'll be certainly be interesting to see the winner on the night and if their 12 year streak comes to an end

Phillip Schofield is also a voting option for the 'TV Presenter' category but I somehow doubt he will make it to the shortlist for that category (Ant and Dec are making room for another trophy in that category already anyway!)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - shenleyroad - 23-05-2023

Photo frame of Phil still on the set...

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DeMarkay - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 10:59 AM)shenleyroad Wrote:  Photo frame of Phil still on the set...

Where's this?

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - lepeterrr - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 10:59 AM)shenleyroad Wrote:  Photo frame of Phil still on the set...
I do think it'd be a nice touch to have photos of all current and previous presenters on the set anyway.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jsnbts - 23-05-2023

Dermot would be great as the main sidekick to Holly, but I can't help but wonder if they might choose to go with someone completely outside of the current This Morning family... It feels like they need more reliable presenters in the pool to choose from outside of the stand-ins they have already.

Had Vernon Kay not just landed his new R2 gig, I would have said he would have been in with a decent shout. This might be a bit of an outside shot but I think Mo Gilligan would be a good fit - he's already on ITV through The Masked Singer, has his own C4 show, and has hosted The Big Breakfast comeback. He'd take a little while to settle in, but Holly, Dermot, Alison and Josie certainly did when they first started too. He might struggle with some of the more serious topics covered though. James Corden is also waiting for his big UK comeback... [this is a joke, btw] Wink

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - shenleyroad - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 12:40 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  

Where's this?

It was behind Matthew Wright in the papers review