Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Karl - 23-05-2023

That's not Phil, that's Denise Robertson.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 12:55 PM)Jsnbts Wrote:  Dermot would be great as the main sidekick to Holly, but I can't help but wonder if they might choose to go with someone completely outside of the current This Morning family... It feels like they need more reliable presenters in the pool to choose from outside of the stand-ins they have already.

Had Vernon Kay not just landed his new R2 gig, I would have said he would have been in with a decent shout. This might be a bit of an outside shot but I think Mo Gilligan would be a good fit - he's already on ITV through The Masked Singer, has his own C4 show, and has hosted The Big Breakfast comeback. He'd take a little while to settle in, but Holly, Dermot, Alison and Josie certainly did when they first started too. He might struggle with some of the more serious topics covered though. James Corden is also waiting for his big UK comeback... [this is a joke, btw] Wink

Not sure about Mo Gilligan - pretty sure he has a lengthy tour coming up and he's not at the daytime TV stage of his career yet.

Poaching Gethin Jones from Morning Live might be an idea - always a bonus if you can weaken a rival show whilst boosting yours.   Is a danger though that at this moment in time such a move might be considered career suicide though.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DeMarkay - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 01:37 PM)shenleyroad Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 12:40 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  Where's this?

It was behind Matthew Wright in the papers review

Ahh, gotcha! Cheers pal

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 01:52 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 12:55 PM)Jsnbts Wrote:  Dermot would be great as the main sidekick to Holly, but I can't help but wonder if they might choose to go with someone completely outside of the current This Morning family... It feels like they need more reliable presenters in the pool to choose from outside of the stand-ins they have already.

Had Vernon Kay not just landed his new R2 gig, I would have said he would have been in with a decent shout. This might be a bit of an outside shot but I think Mo Gilligan would be a good fit - he's already on ITV through The Masked Singer, has his own C4 show, and has hosted The Big Breakfast comeback. He'd take a little while to settle in, but Holly, Dermot, Alison and Josie certainly did when they first started too. He might struggle with some of the more serious topics covered though. James Corden is also waiting for his big UK comeback... [this is a joke, btw] Wink

Not sure about Mo Gilligan - pretty sure he has a lengthy tour coming up and he's not at the daytime TV stage of his career yet.

Poaching Gethin Jones from Morning Live might be an idea - always a bonus if you can weaken a rival show whilst boosting yours.   Is a danger though that at this moment in time such a move might be considered career suicide though.
Gethin is based in Manchester so I would imagine he’s more than happy at ML.

I think it’s more likely to be someone in the ITV daytime family or someone like Jake Humphrey

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DeMarkay - 23-05-2023

What about someone like Matt Tebbutt of Saturday Kitchen fame?

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 02:10 PM)XIII Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 01:52 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not sure about Mo Gilligan - pretty sure he has a lengthy tour coming up and he's not at the daytime TV stage of his career yet.

Gethin is based in Manchester so I would imagine he’s more than happy at ML.
I think that’s such a naive thing to say. A move to This Morning is arguably higher profile than Morning Live, and would certainly command a higher salary particularly if it was a poaching. Then the psychology of being based in London over Manchester is something that going to be in play for talent like Gethin. You might be right and he might be happy, but it’s never as simple as how put it. 

Football players don’t turn down the chance to play in Premier League from the Championship because the commute is a bit longer, they tend to move.

I think the bigger issue is ITV might not consider him or have others in mind.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - tellyblues - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 01:46 PM)Karl Wrote:  That's not Phil, that's Denise Robertson.

Depending on where you are, it's also Albert Einstein or Marilyn Monroe.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - robertclark125 - 23-05-2023

I'll put in a name, a lot of you haven't heard of, as a possible replacement. Ryan Swain.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JamesWorldNews - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 01:46 PM)Karl Wrote:  That's not Phil, that's Denise Robertson.

Best. Post. Ever. Ever. Ever.

I wonder if the vast majority of clips that feature Phil will be pulled from the YouTube channel?