Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 06:06 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  I wonder if the vast majority of clips that feature Phil will be pulled from the YouTube channel?

They wouldn't have much of a YouTube channel if they did that!

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Studio7 - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 06:11 PM)XIII Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 06:06 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  I wonder if the vast majority of clips that feature Phil will be pulled from the YouTube channel?

They wouldn't have much of a YouTube channel if they did that!
Didn’t stop ITV from nuking Jeremy Kyle’s channel. If they feel getting rid of all the Phil clips will help their brand then they won’t think twice.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Steve in Pudsey - 23-05-2023

I think that rather depends on what, if any, revelations surface. At the moment I can't see any need to cancel his back catalogue of work if this whole situation is just a falling out.

Obviously if, as speculated, something more damaging comes out that position could change.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 02:27 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 02:10 PM)XIII Wrote:  Gethin is based in Manchester so I would imagine he’s more than happy at ML.
I think that’s such a naive thing to say. A move to This Morning is arguably higher profile than Morning Live, and would certainly command a higher salary particularly if it was a poaching. Then the psychology of being based in London over Manchester is something that going to be in play for talent like Gethin. You might be right and he might be happy, but it’s never as simple as how put it. 

Football players don’t turn down the chance to play in Premier League from the Championship because the commute is a bit longer, they tend to move.

I think the bigger issue is ITV might not consider him or have others in mind.

If ITV did try to poach Gethin, it would be the same move ITV did to try and improve their poor breakfast television programming, when they poach Susanna Reid from BBC Breakfast to launch Good Morning Britain in 2014

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 23-05-2023

I think some of the others stars already working on the programme or GMB are considered bigger names by ITV. Dermot, Ben and Alison all seem like bigger names. It doesn’t matter if Morning Live gets slightly bigger ratings either that audience won’t move with it as has been proven before.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 09:10 PM)Jon Wrote:  I think some of the others stars already working on the programme or GMB are considered bigger names by ITV. Dermot, Ben and Alison all seem like bigger names. It doesn’t matter if Morning Live gets slightly bigger ratings either that audience won’t move with it as has been proven before.

The Morning Live audience is the BBC Breakfast audience. 

The fact ITV has a few options means that they don't have to look further afield but I'm sure they'll want to cast the net. 

I know I've banged on about Jake Humphrey but I think he'd be perfect for the show and having listened to the High Performance podcast, he's more than capable of handling more serious segments but he'd be good with the lighter segments. If he doesn't want to do it full time, they would be no harm for him to do a week's stint with Holly just to test the waters.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - London Lite - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 12:55 PM)Jsnbts Wrote:  Dermot would be great as the main sidekick to Holly, but I can't help but wonder if they might choose to go with someone completely outside of the current This Morning family... It feels like they need more reliable presenters in the pool to choose from outside of the stand-ins they have already.

Had Vernon Kay not just landed his new R2 gig, I would have said he would have been in with a decent shout. This might be a bit of an outside shot but I think Mo Gilligan would be a good fit - he's already on ITV through The Masked Singer, has his own C4 show, and has hosted The Big Breakfast comeback. He'd take a little while to settle in, but Holly, Dermot, Alison and Josie certainly did when they first started too. He might struggle with some of the more serious topics covered though. James Corden is also waiting for his big UK comeback... [this is a joke, btw] Wink

Mo would also provide what Holly did in 2009 by skewing the show younger again.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 23-05-2023

Personally I hope Ben Shepherd moves to This Morning

I’m not entirely sure he fits that well with the current confrontational culture wars style format on GMB, considering his image of being a nice guy, and despite being the main presenter he’s in the shadow of all stand in hosts.

If it wasn’t for her Smooth Radio gig I’d move Kate with him as well

Him and Dermot, with a bit of Rylan could share all the male presenting roles, and maybe they could move away from the fixed 4 days/1 day/all the school holidays off rules, and just have them mixing 3 days/2 days as required.

I’d also probably try and make ‘This Morning Summer’ a distinctly different show with different presenters again, maybe younger, people in their 30s maybe, which would find the talent for the next generation. People like Roman Kemp could host.

(23-05-2023, 09:54 PM)London Lite Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 12:55 PM)Jsnbts Wrote:  Dermot would be great as the main sidekick to Holly, but I can't help but wonder if they might choose to go with someone completely outside of the current This Morning family... It feels like they need more reliable presenters in the pool to choose from outside of the stand-ins they have already.

Had Vernon Kay not just landed his new R2 gig, I would have said he would have been in with a decent shout. This might be a bit of an outside shot but I think Mo Gilligan would be a good fit - he's already on ITV through The Masked Singer, has his own C4 show, and has hosted The Big Breakfast comeback. He'd take a little while to settle in, but Holly, Dermot, Alison and Josie certainly did when they first started too. He might struggle with some of the more serious topics covered though. James Corden is also waiting for his big UK comeback... [this is a joke, btw] Wink

Mo would also provide what Holly did in 2009 by skewing the show younger again.

I do like Mo but he's unsuitable for This Morning and TBH he wouldn't go for it.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 23-05-2023

Mo is perfect on Channel 4 with his late night show and on the Masked Singer - why would he venture into the pits of daytime TV hell?