Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 23-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 10:05 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Personally I hope Ben Shepherd moves to This Morning

I’m not entirely sure he fits that well with the current confrontational culture wars style format on GMB, considering his image of being a nice guy, and despite being the main presenter he’s in the shadow of all stand in hosts.

If it wasn’t for her Smooth Radio gig I’d move Kate with him as well

Him and Dermot, with a bit of Rylan could share all the male presenting roles, and maybe they could move away from the fixed 4 days/1 day/all the school holidays off rules, and just have them mixing 3 days/2 days as required.

I’d also probably try and make ‘This Morning Summer’ a distinctly different show with different presenters again, maybe younger, people in their 30s maybe, which would find the talent for the next generation. People like Roman Kemp could host.

I'm sure Roman would do it but he'd have to take time off from his show on Capital to do it.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 24-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 10:55 PM)XIII Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 10:05 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Personally I hope Ben Shepherd moves to This Morning

I’m not entirely sure he fits that well with the current confrontational culture wars style format on GMB, considering his image of being a nice guy, and despite being the main presenter he’s in the shadow of all stand in hosts.

If it wasn’t for her Smooth Radio gig I’d move Kate with him as well

Him and Dermot, with a bit of Rylan could share all the male presenting roles, and maybe they could move away from the fixed 4 days/1 day/all the school holidays off rules, and just have them mixing 3 days/2 days as required.

I’d also probably try and make ‘This Morning Summer’ a distinctly different show with different presenters again, maybe younger, people in their 30s maybe, which would find the talent for the next generation. People like Roman Kemp could host.

I'm sure Roman would do it but he'd have to take time off from his show on Capital to do it.
If Dermot becomes the main host Monday to Thursday, Roman could become the Friday host, if Capital decide to give him Fridays off, which I do wonder if they would do that. Capital Breakfast is a big hit for Global, they want to have Roman there as much as possible, which is why I do not see him wanting the full time job

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DeMarkay - 24-05-2023

Looks like we're entering fantasy rota chat...

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 24-05-2023

Some batshit crazy names being thrown around. It's getting as silly as the guessing game that comes with every Doctor Who regeneration.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Joe - 24-05-2023

Harry Styles would be a good replacement.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - all new phil - 24-05-2023

I heard it’s between Idris Elba and Tom Hardy.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DavidWhitfield - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 06:50 AM)Joe Wrote:  Harry Styles would be a good replacement.

Would be a Golden opportunity for him, and as much as I'm sure he'd Treat People With Kindness and be an empathetic interviewer, I feel he'd be more suited to Late Night Talking than this midmorning role would allow.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Gary Baldy - 24-05-2023

Roman Kemp would be a disastrous host.

But there’s not many new presenters coming through anymore due to the lack of children’s TV as a platform to train them up.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 07:57 AM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  
(24-05-2023, 06:50 AM)Joe Wrote:  Harry Styles would be a good replacement.

Would be a Golden opportunity for him, and as much as I'm sure he'd Treat People With Kindness and be an empathetic interviewer, I feel he'd be more suited to Late Night Talking than this midmorning role would allow.

He's no Gareth Barlow!  Big Grin 

I suspect the big issue with attracting big names to come in is at the moment it's a tarnished brand and if they're already successful doing what they're doing it would be a very risky move to possibly jump on perhaps not a sinking ship, but certainly a ship having to sail through choppy waters at the moment.   Therefore for any outsider coming in it'll need to be a step up rather than potential a step down - even if it is arguably one of the highest profile roles on television.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Stooky Bill - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 08:07 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Roman Kemp would be a disastrous host.

But there’s not many new presenters coming through anymore due to the lack of children’s TV as a platform to train them up.
There's plenty of kids TV, just not as much live and presenter led. 

The lack of local radio stations is a factor too, there aren't lots of local presenting gigs any more, and that's about to get worse. 

However there are other avenues, we are seeing people on TV who have come from YouTube etc