Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JasonB - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 07:55 AM)all new phil Wrote:  I heard it’s between Idris Elba and Tom Hardy.

I heard it's between Cathy Alessi and Paul Robinson.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Stooky Bill - 24-05-2023

(23-05-2023, 06:06 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  I wonder if the vast majority of clips that feature Phil will be pulled from the YouTube channel?
Why would they, they've no reason to erase him from the history of the programme

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 09:20 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 06:06 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  I wonder if the vast majority of clips that feature Phil will be pulled from the YouTube channel?
Why would they, they've no reason to erase him from the history of the programme

Unless something appalling is revealed in a few days time then yes, they will erase him just as fast as the BBC tried to erase one of their former employees in 2012 after revelations came out about him.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 24-05-2023

Well at least they've not made Dermot work his 50th birthday with Craig in today.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Stooky Bill - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 09:43 AM)JMT1985 Wrote:  
(24-05-2023, 09:20 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Why would they, they've no reason to erase him from the history of the programme

Unless something appalling is revealed in a few days time then yes, they will erase him just as fast as the BBC tried to erase one of their former employees in 2012 after revelations came out about him.
You mean 'if something appalling is revealed in a few days time..' 

Yes of course but that's the same with anyone, until that happens then there no need to. 

By the way, the better example than Savile (who hadn't had a show on the BBC for many years before his death and subsequent events) is  Jeremy Kyle and his show, the presence of  which was erased with amazing efficiency by ITV.

Mod edit - allegation removed.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - CATV - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 10:45 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Well at least they've not made Dermot work his 50th birthday with Craig in today.

I don't mind Craig.  Keep it simple and have H&D Mon - Wed then A&C Thu - Fri.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JLav25 - 24-05-2023

Why not that guy who used to do Mid-Morning Matters?

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - W1ll - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 12:17 PM)JLav25 Wrote:  Why not that guy who used to do Mid-Morning Matters?

Aha! He would be a great replacement on This Morning

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Larry the Loafer - 24-05-2023

(24-05-2023, 12:17 PM)JLav25 Wrote:  Why not that guy who used to do Mid-Morning Matters?

But he's already got a job on GMB...

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 24-05-2023

Just to be clear, I didn’t suggest Roman Kemp should replace Phillip Schofield. I suggested that longer term I think This Morning summer should have different hosts and be treat differently from other school holidays, and that younger hosts like Roman would be good for that role.