Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 26-05-2023

I wouldn't be surprised if ITV decide to refresh behind the scenes so they can have a clean break from September onwards.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 26-05-2023

His career is now in the toilet surely - who will hire him again? GB "News"?

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - RhysJR - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 06:51 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 06:49 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Think that was inevitable.

Thought the soap awards were shown live nowadays after years of being pre-recorded.  Probably lucky that whatever "new information" has come to light didn't come out in between the filming and broadcast.
They went back to pre recording as they didn’t rate well on Saturday Night but it’s the best day for various soaps to hold them on. 

Dancing on Ice is the bigger problem. Have to get the new host/s working well or ITV coukd habe two major scheduling slots for 2025 to fill after Ant and Dec end Takeaway.

Marvin and Rochelle Humes have been rumored for DoI by many non-prestigous outlets

https://twitter.com/tellymix/status/1661423646978473991?s=20 

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Toby brown - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:12 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  His career is now in the toilet surely - who will hire him again? GB "News"?

I doubt it as Eamonn and Dan  don't like him so will object

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Gary Baldy - 26-05-2023

Schofield’s relationship is somewhat creepy, yes, but he’s not actually done anything illegal- the younger man in question was 17, UK age of consent is 16….

And also there was once upon a time another TV personality who dated a 17 year old when she was much older, yet upon her passing, we were quite rightly told to be kind… I’m worried for Phil that a similar fate may befall him. Perhaps there’s a bit of gender bias going on with the difference in reactions? The same people that were anti-Caroline, are seemingly pro-Schofield; and the people that are anti-Schofield were seemingly pro-Caroline.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Milkshake - 26-05-2023

An exclusive story, - every single person and their dog knew about.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 26-05-2023

I do think Holly will quit it too as otherwise she'll be caught up in it all again when the story resurfaces in January. Actually with so much commissioning being scared back across the industry I wouldn't rule out ITV dumping it completely. They only really need to commission for the 7pm hour as a replacement and Tipping Point or The Chase celeb eps will likely do the job.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Newshound47 - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:13 PM)Toby brown Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 07:12 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  His career is now in the toilet surely - who will hire him again? GB "News"?

I doubt it as Eamonn and Dan  don't like him so will object

Piers does so Talk TV might interview him.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DavidWhitfield - 26-05-2023

He was never going to be hosting The Soap Awards - the odds of such a big, well-attended event going without a hitch with him front and centre, given the unsavoury rumours swirling around, and so soon after his high profile departure from a role he'd been in for two decades is nil. The least surprising change of plan in history.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Keith - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:15 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  An exclusive story, - every single person and their dog knew about.
Knowing and proving are two different things though. The Mail had been hinting at it for a while now (ref the article I've previously linked to), but presumably they now had hard evidence which cleared legal.