Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Scrotnig - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:27 PM)brioalex Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 07:24 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not really - the show and the individual are two different entities.   This Morning had arguably recovered by 10.02 on Monday.
Phil is too associated with the ‘This Morning’ brand for it to continue without any changes.
I think they will have a minor refresh in September but the format is undamaged and  will still work. The show was always bigger than Schofield, just as it was bigger than Richard and Judy.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:24 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Not really - the show and the individual are two different entities.   This Morning had arguably recovered by 10.02 on Monday.
Phil is too associated with the ‘This Morning’ brand for it to continue without any changes.

So was John Leslie and the show went on without him.

The show is bigger than its presenters, always has been, always will be. This situation is no different to a number of scandals that have happened in the US where presenters have been sacked for sexual harassment and the show themselves didn't get cancelled. 

The show might change in terms of whoever is behind or front of the camera but ITV won't axe it.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 26-05-2023

Well the change has already happened Phil’s left. 

Good job he didn’t present the ITV News otherwise they’d have to axe that too. 

The shows been through similar things before, so it’ll soon get forgotten about when the next hosts are in place.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - brioalex - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:31 PM)XIII Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 07:27 PM)brioalex Wrote:  Phil is too associated with the ‘This Morning’ brand for it to continue without any changes.

So was John Leslie and the show went on without him.

The show is bigger than its presenters, always has been, always will be. This situation is no different to a number of scandals that have happened in the US where presenters have been sacked for sexual harassment and the show themselves didn't get cancelled. 

The show might change in terms of whoever is behind or front of the camera but ITV won't axe it.
We’ll wait and see. I definitely think some changes will happen to the show’s branding. Even if it isn’t rested. Whenever presenters have left in the past the next season of the show in September has always had an overhaul in some way whether that be the studio, the format or the branding.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Scrotnig - 26-05-2023

I do think it’s time for a new main presenting pair and I think it should be Alison and Dermot.

I don’t know what should happen with Holly though. None of this her fault, so it would be harsh, but it feels like the show needs a new main team now.

thomalex - thomalex - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:21 PM)Thebrioalex Wrote:  I’m not sure how This Morning can come back from this… It looks bad on the show, the producers and ITV. It either needs a complete rebrand and overhaul or they need to rest the format and try something new. It’s impossible that someone didn’t know what was going on with Phil. Obviously it wasn’t anything illegal but it’s all in bad taste.

Given there’s photos of Schofield with the young staffer before he worked on This Morning when he was clearly a child puts some suspicion on that

RE: thomalex - Scrotnig - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:38 PM)thomalex Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 07:21 PM)Thebrioalex Wrote:  I’m not sure how This Morning can come back from this… It looks bad on the show, the producers and ITV. It either needs a complete rebrand and overhaul or they need to rest the format and try something new. It’s impossible that someone didn’t know what was going on with Phil. Obviously it wasn’t anything illegal but it’s all in bad taste.

Given there’s photos of Schofield with the young staffer before he worked on This Morning when he was clearly a child puts some suspicion on that
I disagree. It doesn’t do that at all.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Larry the Loafer - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:21 PM)Otis Crump Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 07:03 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Anyone heard from Otis Crump lately?

Hi! There's evidence now, which is all I asked for. Evidence, not rumour, innuendo and speculation. As you were...

Fair play. In the heat of the moment I should've let things lie. I apologise.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - brioalex - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:32 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 07:27 PM)brioalex Wrote:  Phil is too associated with the ‘This Morning’ brand for it to continue without any changes.
Well the change has already happened Phil’s left. 

Good job he didn’t present the ITV News otherwise they’d have to axe that too. 

The shows been through similar things before, so it’ll soon get forgotten about when the next hosts are in place.
I’ll leave my opinion at the keyboard before posting on here in the future. I’m only posing a question as to where the show goes from this point. My opinion is that some changes should be made based on previous presenter exits and entrances over the years.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 26-05-2023

There is not a hope that ITV will end This Morning - it is a key part of their daytime schedules - ITV spent a lot of money on the sublet arrangement of Studio TC3 at Television Centre for the show, it is very important to them.

Summer time is key here - instead of airing it throughout the summer, maybe take at least one month off, say August, and then come back in September with a brand new look, new hosts and a fresh makeover.

The current set looks tired already, it's been in use since they moved into Television Centre in the spring of 2018, good time for a revamp