Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 26-05-2023

If anything the summer proves the show isn't about one person. It's too big a chunk of the schedule to remove from daytime now.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:42 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  There is not a hope that ITV will end This Morning - it is a key part of their daytime schedules - ITV spent a lot of money on the sublet arrangement of Studio TC3 at Television Centre for the show, it is very important to them.

Summer time is key here - instead of airing it throughout the summer, maybe take at least one month off, say August, and then come back in September with a brand new look, new hosts and a fresh makeover.

The current set looks tired already, it's been in use since they moved into Television Centre in the spring of 2018, good time for a revamp
It’s basically the same set design as the one they had last at the London Studios too, although I assume it was a full rebuild. I do think this look for the programme has aged quite well compared to some of the previous ones.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:46 PM)Jon Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 07:42 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  There is not a hope that ITV will end This Morning - it is a key part of their daytime schedules - ITV spent a lot of money on the sublet arrangement of Studio TC3 at Television Centre for the show, it is very important to them.

Summer time is key here - instead of airing it throughout the summer, maybe take at least one month off, say August, and then come back in September with a brand new look, new hosts and a fresh makeover.

The current set looks tired already, it's been in use since they moved into Television Centre in the spring of 2018, good time for a revamp
It’s basically the same set design as the set they had at the London Studios too, although I assume it was a rebuild. I do think the looks aged quite well compared to some of the previous ones.

It's a new set, not the one they had in The London Studios. TC3 has two sets, This Morning and Good Morning Britain, built back to back.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:48 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 07:46 PM)Jon Wrote:  It’s basically the same set design as the set they had at the London Studios too, although I assume it was a rebuild. I do think the looks aged quite well compared to some of the previous ones.

It's a new set, not the one they had in The London Studios. TC3 has two sets, This Morning and Good Morning Britain, built back to back.
Yeah, but it’s basically the same set design and on screen look though. The other bit of information is irrelevant to my point and something everyone knows.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Scrotnig - 26-05-2023

They better hadn’t ditch it! I shall be cross!

I don’t get to watch it as much these days as I now work “normal” shifts but I always did in the Albert Dock days and it’s still every bit as good (though I wish it was still in Liverpool.).

It’s almost part of British culture now! It can never be axed! It’s far bigger than any one presenter.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - AJB39 - 26-05-2023

I don’t think they should axe This Morning but I do think it should be rested over the Summer (mid-July to early September) and return in the Autumn with a refreshed look and a new presenting team. They could easily air some daytime repeats to fill the slot over the Summer perhaps with an extended Loose Women.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - RhysJR - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:27 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 07:21 PM)brioalex Wrote:  I’m not sure how This Morning can come back from this… It looks bad on the show, the producers and ITV. It either needs a complete rebrand and overhaul or they need to rest the format and try something new. It’s impossible that someone didn’t know what was going on with Phil. Obviously it wasn’t anything illegal but it’s all in bad taste.

It will be fascinating to see if the show is still on air this time next week. Things could spiral quickly.
https://youtu.be/8zImwBY_Vio?t=34 

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Scrotnig - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:59 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  I don’t think they should axe This Morning but I do think it should be rested over the Summer (mid-July to early September) and return in the Autumn with a refreshed look and a new presenting team. They could easily air some daytime repeats to fill the slot over the Summer perhaps with an extended Loose Women.
If they do that, I demand re-runs of “Ox Tales” - featuring Ollie The Ox. Like they did in the mid nineties (on Granada and some other regions anyhow).

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 26-05-2023

Unlike Jeremy Kyle which they able to replace by extending GMB and This Morning, axing This Morning would leave a huge hole in the schedules but also a lot of people who work there would be out of a job for something they weren't responsible for.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:59 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  I don’t think they should axe This Morning but I do think it should be rested over the Summer (mid-July to early September) and return in the Autumn with a refreshed look and a new presenting team. They could easily air some daytime repeats to fill the slot over the Summer perhaps with an extended Loose Women.

I actually think that's the worst thing that can happen as when it returns all this will be bought up again.   Air over the summer as last year with numerous fill in presenters and it can refresh in the autumn and move into September more seamlessly.   It's also an opportunity to try out potential new presenters - nowadays it's almost certain they'll basically audition on air.