Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:59 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  I don’t think they should axe This Morning but I do think it should be rested over the Summer (mid-July to early September) and return in the Autumn with a refreshed look and a new presenting team. They could easily air some daytime repeats to fill the slot over the Summer perhaps with an extended Loose Women.
If they do that, it just gives a set time for the press to bring everything back up again. Much better to naturally morph into any new set up. Rather than set the show up for a fall.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DeMarkay - 26-05-2023

A few things need to or should happen between now and September:

- A long summer break, between the middle of June to 4th September.
- A new presenting line up (Alison & Dermot - Monday to Wednesday and Craig & Josie - Thursday to Friday)
- A completely new set without the fake view of the Thames, an updated version of the theme tune and a brand-new look
- A new Editor for the show, to usher in a 'new era'

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - RDJ - 26-05-2023

Given this news potentially implicates This Morning and the people involved with it, this seems to be a much worse crisis for the show to handle compared to the John Leslie incident 21 years ago.

I'm sure the show can survive it, but it's going to need a huge kick up the proverbial to relaunch itself and remove every aspect of its controversial past. It's also unclear if Holly can survive this, especially if she was implicit in the knowledge of it going on. Given how good friends they used to be and she was involved in the 'Coming Out' feature 3 years ago, it seems possible she may have been aware on why it was being done. But of course we should assume there was no knowledge of this at this stage.

Safe to say there will be a relaunch coming in September, whether it's of This Morning or a brand new show.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - UTVLifer - 26-05-2023

It's not even taken 2 hours for Eamonn to stick the boot in

https://twitter.com/EamonnHolmes/status/1662173477732769794?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1662173477732769794%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url 

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - aaron_scotland - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 08:14 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  It's not even taken 2 hours for Eamonn to stick the boot in

https://twitter.com/EamonnHolmes/status/1662173477732769794?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1662173477732769794%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url 

He probably knew as well yet other people who knew and said nothing are the evil ones…

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Newsroom - 26-05-2023

I really think there is a much bigger problem for ITV than just one show.

Let's not get caught up in twitter tittle tattle, but try see the bigger picture here. As I've been reminded on this very forum - it's all hearsay until something is proven otherwise.

Much as was the case for another channel some years ago, I fear the same will come to the doors of ITV. Schofield's statement that included three self confessed lies indicates that there is more to answer.

I'd read some comments referring to the dear Caroline Flack, who lived a street away from me, but come on folks - there is no comparison to be made.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Newshound47 - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 08:13 PM)RDJ Wrote:  Given this news potentially implicates This Morning and the people involved with it, this seems to be a much worse crisis for the show to handle compared to the John Leslie incident 21 years ago.

I'm sure the show can survive it, but it's going to need a huge kick up the proverbial to relaunch itself and remove every aspect of its controversial past. It's also unclear if Holly can survive this, especially if she was implicit in the knowledge of it going on. Given how good friends they used to be and she was involved in the 'Coming Out' feature 3 years ago, it seems possible she may have been aware on why it was being done. But of course we should assume there was no knowledge of this at this stage.

Safe to say there will be a relaunch coming in September, whether it's of This Morning or a brand new show.
A brand new show would not be ready until at least January.

Allison Hammond has also been on the show for nearly twenty years so her becoming the main female host wouldn’t be a new start either really.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - PJamo - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 08:14 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  It's not even taken 2 hours for Eamonn to stick the boot in

If Eamon is so sure that 'other people ' knew, one could assume that Eamon did too otherwise he wouldn't be so convinced of others' knowledge.

Come on Eamon, name and shame (unless by doing so you implicate yourself as being as culpable as you claim the rest of them are).

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 26-05-2023

Eamonn needs to be careful as he along with Ruth could be dragged into this.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 08:12 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  A few things need to or should happen between now and September:

- A long summer break, between the middle of June to 4th September.
- A new presenting line up (Alison & Dermot - Monday to Wednesday and Craig & Josie - Thursday to Friday)
- A completely new set without the fake view of the Thames, an updated version of the theme tune and a brand-new look
- A new Editor for the show, to usher in a 'new era'

I 100% agree with this - perfect plan to revamp the show. The fake Thames view is now stupid, as we all know they are based in Television Centre, around 5 miles from the Thames.