Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - brioalex - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 08:40 PM)XIII Wrote:  Eamonn needs to be careful as he along with Ruth could be dragged into this.
I was just thinking the same. He’s putting all these things on Twitter like he knew what was happening all along.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - UTVLifer - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 08:40 PM)XIII Wrote:  Eamonn needs to be careful as he along with Ruth could be dragged into this.

There are reports circulating on Twitter at the moment that this was one of the factors at play behind him and Ruth's exits

If true, it could get very, very messy for ITV Daytime. Very quickly.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - BBI45 - 26-05-2023

I know that a lot of people will have a lot of differing opinions about how this situation has developed. I am no exception to this, as a couple of close friends here know. However, I do hope for the sake of everyone (from Phillip to everyone who worked alongside him) that people will show some restraint in their reactions.

I am not going to defend Phillip's behaviour, but he will now be paying the price for his actions and the last thing that anybody (especially his former colleagues) needs is to be hounded by the press or the public over what they did and did not know. We have all seen the impact that this sort of behaviour can have.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Stooky Bill - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 06:51 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  So: cue next round of speculation: who will now present the soap awards? Alison and Dermot? Lol.
Most likely Joel Dommet, he's the current go to presenter

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 26-05-2023

UTVLifer Wrote:
XIII Wrote:Eamonn needs to be careful as he along with Ruth could be dragged into this.

There are reports circulating on Twitter at the moment that this was one of the factors at play behind him and Ruth's exits

I thought it was because they wanted to freshen up the line up and bring some diversity into the presenting team, after there had been tabloid stories and resulting complaints that every face on daytime on a particular day was white?

Hence also the increasing use of Ranvir filling in for Lorraine, Charlene joining Loose Women, and most new recruits to the Loose Women panel being of colour.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Newshound47 - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 08:50 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  

That’s been well rumoured ever since they departed. I think aspects of major tensions between then and Phil and Holly have been reported in the press.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 26-05-2023

Didn't Eamonn get into trouble on This Morning after promoting the idea 5G could have caused Covid? Have people forgotten that about Eamonn or is two years a long time in television for some?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/apr/13/eamonn-holmes-says-5g-coronavirus-claims-may-not-be-false 

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - XIII - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 08:54 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
UTVLifer Wrote:There are reports circulating on Twitter at the moment that this was one of the factors at play behind him and Ruth's exits

I thought it was because they wanted to freshen up the line up and bring some diversity into the presenting team, after there had been tabloid stories and resulting complaints that every face on daytime on a particular day was white?

Hence also the increasing use of Ranvir filling in for Lorraine, Charlene joining Loose Women, and most new recruits to the Loose Women panel being of colour.

I think it was because Eamonn and Ruth skewed old and they wanted to bring the demos down. Ruth is still with Loose Women and did a show last year with Rylan so clearly she didn't fall out with ITV or the management at TM.

I suspect Eamonn and Martin Frizzell never got on so he's trying to stick the boot in.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - UTVLifer - 26-05-2023

This Morning is featured on tonight's Gogglebox

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Stooky Bill - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 07:02 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  They'll be more digging to come and Phil admitting to having previously lied about it means there is always a possibility some information is still being withheld but think the only way for all to move forward was for the full story to come out. 

There is still no evidence that anything illegal took place, and you have to suspect that if he lied to his execs, agent and family then he probably wasn't fully truthful with Holly either.
For the second time this week it's been demonstrated that it's not necessarily the deed that gets you into trouble, but the lying about it. 

Like the Home Secretary and her speeding ticket, if he'd not tried to cover it up it would have been far less of an issue