Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Milkshake - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 09:26 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 07:15 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  An exclusive story, - every single person and their dog knew about.
Supposedly, but a lot of those who knew what had happened got details, and legalities wrong.... just look at what he was said to have done according to a guest on GB News last weekend.

Never watched GB news, all I know is everything that has come out today I know around 3-4 years ago, including moving people around.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Newshound47 - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 09:38 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  I think the reason why this poses a risk to the show as a whole is the accusations by some that ITV staff were aware of what was going on. Unlike cases such as John Leslie, where his behaviour outside of the show had come under question, it's entirely possible that any cover up that may or may not have happened could damage the brand as a whole, as well as ITV.

And things like this often start a chain of stories coming out about the show and the wider ITV network.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Keith - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 09:52 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  ITV Statement, clearly not happy with Philip's admissions.

https://twitter.com/tvukzone/status/1662199140422500357?s=20 
Damage limitation. It feels unlikely that nobody within This Morning's management knew about it, even if those higher up at ITV didn't know. I dare say ITV may be concerned that if that wasn't true what else might potentially turn out to be untrue in the coming weeks & months. It rather raises questions over the Mail's reports last week that this individual was later moved to Loose Women.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - TJTSW - 26-05-2023

Well somthing inside me is thinking of Cilla popping out of her coffin and say "Surprise Surpise Chuck"

Im sure there is more to this, & the way the BBC went into rolling news about it last week, they must of suspected somthing else was on the cards then

ITV are going to have to really dig deep on this

As for This Morning, well Holly cant carry on... it will be too much for her and the show wont be right as Phil will always be in her Shadows on This Morning, Hopefully ITV find her a new show, maybe bring back Surprise Surprise for a series ...

A total rebrand of this morning, a complete new set design & presenters for September relauch.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Newshound47 - 26-05-2023

I will be surprised if Holly appears a week on Monday as Planned if the show does still broadcast.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Nobby - 26-05-2023

Does anyone know if the episode(s) of How to Spend It Well on Holiday that were recorded but not yet broadcast will be shown?

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Dadeki - 26-05-2023

BBC News at 10 has ran with the story at the top of the programme.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Gary McEwan - 26-05-2023

(26-05-2023, 09:24 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  Needless to say Phil’s departure was also discussed at length on Have I Got News For You, obviously not accounting for tonight’s news.

This is when I wish HIGNFY was live at times.  No doubt it'll be discussed at length again next week as well.

(26-05-2023, 10:04 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 09:52 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  ITV Statement, clearly not happy with Philip's admissions.

https://twitter.com/tvukzone/status/1662199140422500357?s=20 
Damage limitation. It feels unlikely that nobody within This Morning's management knew about it, even if those higher up at ITV didn't know. I dare say ITV may be concerned that if that wasn't true what else might potentially turn out to be untrue in the coming weeks & months. It rather raises questions over the Mail's reports last week that this individual was later moved to Loose Women.
It’s been all over the internet for the last three years. ITV management must be quite naive if they were just simply told it wasn’t true and took it at face value.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 26-05-2023

Dadeki Wrote:BBC News at 10 has ran with the story at the top of the programme.

Although it looks like they were caught out as the report was by Lizo Mzimba who normally only does fluffy pieces about Doctor Who or the BAFTAs, and a live spot from Katie Razzall who seemed to be live from a music festivaL