Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Milkshake - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 01:27 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  https://twitter.com/superTV247/status/1662428702641143809 

What a load of rubbish. 

I believe:  Everyone know, Some people were not happy but it was all swept under the carpet as there was nothing overly wrong, You can't blame Phillip if the management enabled him to go along with his demands.    Too many people are trying to cover themselves but its not going to wash, However some people will be covered as them did make formal complaints. [color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

In the wider scheme of things This morning might come off early for the summer if trouble carries on but I agree with some there will be a major revamp for September. 

Maybe for the summer they could have ITV Summer..  Where a This morning type show goes to Maidstone for the sun?

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Ash101 - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 01:22 PM)Jon Wrote:  Let’s face it, if they axed This Morning. It would just be replaced with the same programme in all but name, even if the producers change viewers would see it as such.

Agree, I was basically going to say just this. 

Whether they separated it out into a few shows or move a gameshow or 2 and establish a 2-4pm show or whatever… it’s basically going to “This Morning” in format. 

I do wonder if moving Holly to her own branded show like Lorraine is a solution for her

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Gary Baldy - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 01:45 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think he might end up doing a Matthew Kelly and end up concentrating on the stage. 

The story is out there officially now which is only a good thing.  The only new information really is that Phil lied and more specifically continued to lie about it over the last 3 years.  I suspect Holly needs to put her side out there one way or another to avoid being dragged down with him but I get the impression she had been lied to aswell which despite what Schofield's statement implied was the crux of their supposed feud.

Yes, although some of the people calling him a paedophile online need to be very careful- I’ve seen comparisons to Savile, Glitter and Harris, and I’m thinking they’re very extreme accusations to make without concrete evidence. The vilification of him is getting somewhat uncomfortable. Eamonn especially is coming across as a very bitter bully… I used to like his deadpan sarcasm on TM but since moving to GB News, he’s lost likability and credibility as a journalist, we know he’s an intelligent man, so why lower yourself to that channel?

Back to Schofield, his actions are disappointing, yes, but he hasn’t committed a crime, whereas the other 3 were total scum… and I think people need to be very careful throwing potentially libelous terms around Willy-nilly.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - gottago - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 01:27 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  https://twitter.com/superTV247/status/1662428702641143809 

I find that extremely hard to believe. The whole TV industry has known about this relationship ever since he came out to try and bury the story.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 02:16 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  
(27-05-2023, 01:22 PM)Jon Wrote:  Let’s face it, if they axed This Morning. It would just be replaced with the same programme in all but name, even if the producers change viewers would see it as such.

Agree, I was basically going to say just this. 

Whether they separated it out into a few shows or move a gameshow or 2 and establish a 2-4pm show or whatever… it’s basically going to “This Morning” in format. 

I do wonder if moving Holly to her own branded show like Lorraine is a solution for her
Well Holly is more intrinsically linked to the Phil situation than the programme brand as a whole is. The best thing for her to do is wait for it to blow over remaining in the role.  If she quit for example, she’d have to reestablish herself again.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 27-05-2023

Her "extended break" was nicely placed wasn't it. I can imagine on the last Thursday edition she did with Phil the atmosphere was tense in Television Centre, I wonder if they spoke at all outside of the programme?

One of the poor judgements ITV did was to actually bring Phil and Holly back on air after the reported rift between the two of them. It made the whole situation worse, seeing them two side by side, smiling and trying to act everything was alright and normal, but they had about as much warmth as the ice berg which hit the Titanic.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - London Lite - 27-05-2023

I think the best thing to do would be to rest This Morning over the summer and not let Holly return until the autumn.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andy - 27-05-2023

I don't think that This Morning will be axed - there's a lot of brand equity in it still and it draws in a solid demographic.

That said, if advertisers ditch it for whatever reason - then that's when the axe will fall.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - frasergj - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 10:16 AM)Jacob_2706 Wrote:  Surprised This Morning haven’t updated social media channels, with Schofield’s image still showing.

It's been changed on Twitter now.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DeMarkay - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 05:19 PM)frasergj Wrote:  
(27-05-2023, 10:16 AM)Jacob_2706 Wrote:  Surprised This Morning haven’t updated social media channels, with Schofield’s image still showing.

It's been changed on Twitter now.

It's changed on YouTube as well now.