Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Larry the Loafer - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 05:19 PM)frasergj Wrote:  
(27-05-2023, 10:16 AM)Jacob_2706 Wrote:  Surprised This Morning haven’t updated social media channels, with Schofield’s image still showing.

It's been changed on Twitter now.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised nobody's advised him to lock/private his Twitter account. He abandoned it a while ago but his last post has turned into a hub for plenty of comments I'm sure he'd rather not read.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - brioalex - 27-05-2023

Holly has spoken… 

[Image: IMG-1126.jpg]

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Larry the Loafer - 27-05-2023

It begs the question what their fallout was about if she'd only learnt of the news yesterday, seeing as that's never really been confirmed.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - IanJRedman - 27-05-2023

We can only assume that a lot of people took Schofield at his word. Reports/rumours of this relationship have been very easy to find for the last three years, but it sounds like he had everyone believing it was just social media gossip.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 04:13 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I think the best thing to do would be to rest This Morning over the summer and not let Holly return until the autumn.

I think that's the worst thing they could do - just lets it linger on even further.    I'd actually suggest doing the complete opposite and get Holly back on air on Monday.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - IanJRedman - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 06:30 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It begs the question what their fallout was about if she'd only learnt of the news yesterday, seeing as that's never really been confirmed.

It's been reported that it was partly down to Phil not putting everyone in the picture about his brother's court case.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 06:30 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It begs the question what their fallout was about if she'd only learnt of the news yesterday, seeing as that's never really been confirmed.
The problem could be something totally different to the mess Schofield finds himself in now. It didn't have to be about this issue. Presenters have rows and disagreements about a lot of things, who knows what it was about.

(27-05-2023, 06:36 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  

It's been reported that it was partly down to Phil not putting everyone in the picture about his brother's court case.

Precisely, it's only been reported, never confirmed. Considering the threat to Holly's career as a result of the fallout, it would be better for her to come clean about everything that happened. As things stand, everything's still rumour and hearsay regarding their friendship, which can easily spiral out of control. Already, many people on Twitter are accusing her of lying and damage control.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - TVenthusiasm - 27-05-2023

I'd say they will try and carry on and leave the shipwreck behind - I doubt the show will be axed as it's a huge asset to ITV but would prefer the show have a summer break to try and leave all this behind for good and come back in September with a fresh start

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Keith - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 07:04 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  
(27-05-2023, 06:34 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  We can only assume that a lot of people took Schofield at his word. Reports/rumours of this relationship have been very easy to find for the last three years, but it sounds like he had everyone believing it was just social media gossip.

No. ITV management whitewashed.  There is plenty of evidence online that prove this was not just gossip.  What is annoying to some people is the fact ITV now claims Oh wait we didn't really know.
It's worth noting that Dan Wootton has now posted on Mail online his account, which includes why he left ITV in 2009. If all of what he wrote is true it rather contradicts ITV's denials. Ref: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12131515/DAN-WOOTTON-told-ITV-Schofields-affair-2019-followed-looks-like-cover-up.html