Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - UTVLifer - 27-05-2023

No doubt we'll get another Monday opener that feels like Alison and Dermot are presenting an obituary

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 27-05-2023

UTVLifer Wrote:No doubt we'll get another Monday opener that feels like Alison and Dermot are presenting an obituary

Whatever they do, You’ll get people on Twitter saying ‘is that it?’ and/or immediately dismissing the statements as lies. Anything less than the whole network being closed down at 10:02 won’t be good enough for some.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 27-05-2023

Take what Dan Wootton says with a hefty pinch of salt - this man is well known for his right wing viewers, has a large chip on his shoulders, and of course you only have to watch 15 minutes of his GB "News" programme to get what he is about - a hack journalist at it's worst in my opinion, remember how he treated Caroline Flack before she died.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - VMPhil - 27-05-2023

He also pretty much tells his readers to look up photos of Schofield and the man he allegedly had a relationship with, which I find quite distasteful.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JMT1985 - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 08:49 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  He also pretty much tells his readers to look up photos of Schofield and the man he allegedly had a relationship with, which I find quite distasteful.

Again, this is Dan Wootton, no surprises here to me. I think a lot of people do not know what this man is like (because a good lot don't watch him on GB "News") - if you can stomach it, I suggest you watch a few clips from his show, and then people can judge HIM, so we can understand his views on Mr Schofield.  

I feel Dan is using this story to gain revenge against ITV - he was there on ITV daytime for years, especially on the Lorraine show up until 2019, that is not a long time ago since he left or was forced to leave

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - London Lite - 27-05-2023

Wootton claimed he left in 2019 because of Schofe's behaviour, but going back to the tweets of the time, he claimed it was to do with Harry and Meghan.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 27-05-2023

VMPhil Wrote:He also pretty much tells his readers to look up photos of Schofield and the man he allegedly had a relationship with, which I find quite distasteful.
“But life didn't get easier for the poor young man, whose dreams had been dashed as he soon left ITV under a cloud. What happens to his career now that photos of him meeting Phillip at drama school are widely circulated on the internet?”

Pretending to feel sorry for the fact there are photos on the internet, but then letting everyone know

]No doubt he’s already offered him a sum of money to spill the beans on the story

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - all new phil - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 08:31 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Take what Dan Wootton says with a hefty pinch of salt - this man is well known for his right wing viewers, has a large chip on his shoulders, and of course you only have to watch 15 minutes of his GB "News" programme to get what he is about - a hack journalist at it's worst in my opinion, remember how he treated Caroline Flack before she died.

Well - he was right on all of this about Schofield. I’m not a fan of the guy but you can’t just write off everything that someone - who is clearly in the know - says because you don’t like them or their politics.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - VMPhil - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 09:04 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
VMPhil Wrote:He also pretty much tells his readers to look up photos of Schofield and the man he allegedly had a relationship with, which I find quite distasteful.
Snip 

Thanks but there was I reason why i didn’t quote the part I was talking about.

(27-05-2023, 09:06 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(27-05-2023, 08:31 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Take what Dan Wootton says with a hefty pinch of salt - this man is well known for his right wing viewers, has a large chip on his shoulders, and of course you only have to watch 15 minutes of his GB "News" programme to get what he is about - a hack journalist at it's worst in my opinion, remember how he treated Caroline Flack before she died.

Well - he was right on all of this about Schofield. I’m not a fan of the guy but you can’t just write off everything that someone - who is clearly in the know - says because you don’t like them or their politics.
I have known the rumours about Schofield for around three years now. I know the man's name, which I will not mention on here. However Dan saying he left because of Schofield, I sincerely doubt that. I have heard there were other reasons why ITV let Dan go from appearing on ITV daytime shows. Remember Dan was never a host on ITV, always a guest for their daytime shows, to spill entertainment news and gossip.