Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Blubatt - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 09:18 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  
(27-05-2023, 09:06 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Well - he was right on all of this about Schofield. I’m not a fan of the guy but you can’t just write off everything that someone - who is clearly in the know - says because you don’t like them or their politics.
I have known the rumours about Schofield for around three years now. I know the man's name, which I will not mention on here. However Dan saying he left because of Schofield, I sincerely doubt that. I have heard there were other reasons why ITV let Dan go from appearing on ITV daytime shows. Remember Dan was never a host on ITV, always a guest for their daytime shows, to spill entertainment news and gossip.

On a tangent, I actually feel sorry for this guy. Whomever he is, it can't be good for his career  being linked to an affair with a high ranking member of the entertainment industry. I hope it doesn't ruin his opportunity to work in television

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - alfiejmulcahy - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 10:19 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  
(27-05-2023, 09:18 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  I have known the rumours about Schofield for around three years now. I know the man's name, which I will not mention on here. However Dan saying he left because of Schofield, I sincerely doubt that. I have heard there were other reasons why ITV let Dan go from appearing on ITV daytime shows. Remember Dan was never a host on ITV, always a guest for their daytime shows, to spill entertainment news and gossip.

On a tangent, I actually feel sorry for this guy. Whomever he is, it can't be good for his career  being linked to an affair with a high ranking member of the entertainment industry. I hope it doesn't ruin his opportunity to work in television
From what I can see he's doing production work across several different production companies. But it must be so hard for him at the moment, especially with a tabloid press as malicious as ours.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - tellyblues - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 06:36 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  
(27-05-2023, 06:30 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It begs the question what their fallout was about if she'd only learnt of the news yesterday, seeing as that's never really been confirmed.

It's been reported that it was partly down to Phil not putting everyone in the picture about his brother's court case.

How much detail was he supposed to have gone into? There's laws for that sort of thing for the possibility that it could jeopardise a case.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - DTV - 27-05-2023

A full on axing does seem a bit drastic, especially considering Newsnight - which is probably the most comparable situation, though arguably much worse - managed to get through it. But even if they do go the whole hog, as others have said, it'll be a News of the World -> Sun on Sunday-style chop. Ultimately, that's a large chunk of the schedule and this kind of TV is fairly cheap and popular enough - a similar show with a clean brand is much easier than developing new formats which might not work.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - UTVLifer - 27-05-2023

It just keeps getting worse for ITV tonight

- McCall could well go ahead and axe the show - 'A top source claims: “The reality is things have gone too far. The show and the brand are tarnished beyond repair – no one is going to want to appear on it and Carolyn is looking to axe it. Her job could also be on the rocks. Behind the scenes it’s being said that it is a ‘f***ing nightmare’

- Eamonn was unaware of the relationship but did his best to speak up for staff whilst he was there

- According to this article "some Daytime staff are planning to collectively go to HR this week and threaten a mass walkout over a series of ignored complaints"

- The thinking last week was that when the show returned in September, Phil wouldn't be replaced by one person, but instead a "rolling rota, much like there is on GMB"

Oh and Alison and Dermot are said to be furious about having to do the tribute on last Monday's show

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/toxic-morning-faces-axe-over-30094602 

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Newshound47 - 27-05-2023

It was actually quite bizarre that the prime Minster appeared this week on the show. I’m surprised he didn’t opt out.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - brioalex - 27-05-2023

People are forgetting how damaging this all is for ITV and the ‘This Morning brand’. Although I do agree that axing the show wouldn’t be necessary we should expect heavy changes to the show going forward to distance itself from the previous iterations of the programme.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Blubatt - 27-05-2023

(27-05-2023, 10:29 PM)DTV Wrote:  A full on axing does seem a bit drastic, especially considering Newsnight - which is probably the most comparable situation, though arguably much worse - managed to get through it. But even if they do go the whole hog, as others have said, it'll be a News of the World -> Sun on Sunday-style chop. Ultimately, that's a large chunk of the schedule and this kind of TV is fairly cheap and popular enough - a similar show with a clean brand is much easier than developing new formats which might not work.

I don't think even a NOTW-> SOS chop would work tbh. GMTV to Daybreak failed, and all that really was was a name change. Plus, This Morning as a show has been, rightfully so, bigger than the duo presenting it. If it wasn't, they might as well have cancelled when Richard and Judy left for Channel 4. 

ITV should give This Morning a soft reboot for Autumn. Change up the set, new titles, and a new host alongside Holly.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Dadeki - 27-05-2023

Daily Mail running this as an exclusive:

Phillip Schofield’s lover was just 15 when they met at a talk the veteran TV presenter was giving at a theatre school, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12131993/Schofields-lover-just-15-met-Schoolboy-asked-Phillip-job-Morning.html 

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 27-05-2023

UTVLifer Wrote:It just keeps getting worse for ITV tonight

- McCall could well go ahead and axe the show - 'A top source claims: “The reality is things have gone too far. The show and the brand are tarnished beyond repair – no one is going to want to appear on it and Carolyn is looking to axe it. Her job could also be on the rocks. Behind the scenes it’s being said that it is a ‘f***ing nightmare’
Why do you keep reporting tabloid claims as fact?. Nothing has happened, the story hasn’t moved on, they’ve just made up scenarios

Everybody knows ‘a source’ means it’s made up, this has been a well known fact for years.