Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Ash101 - 20-05-2023

Dancing On Ice will be an interesting one. Holly would surely be better off standing down (& getting her husbands company to think up a Saturday night format for 2025..) as the show has definitely seen better days.

But I cannot imagine ITV being thrilled at the idea of Phillip going solo on there when it’s already flagging.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Stooky Bill - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 04:06 PM)Keith Wrote:  I imagine the "co-present with members of the This Morning family" will last until at least September. It's a convenient way of trying out potential new pairings and presenters, without that person being seen as the direct replacement. If the guest presenter or pairing doesn't work well then they can claim it's a one-off / short-term thing.
It won't be till September, her and Phil have always taken off the summer, so once she returns to the show after half term there'll only be 6 weeks till she's off till September

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JamesWorldNews - 20-05-2023

Rylan Rylan Rylan Rylan. Rylan.

RE: Philip Schofield Steps Down - all new phil - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 03:34 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  I simply refuse to believe, however, that the man would leave purely because the papers are suggesting him and Holly aren't close anymore, especially with immediate effect. As has been suggested in this thread already, there's definitely more to this story... without saying it's in anyway defamatory towards Phillip Schofield, in the interests of not upsetting certain fellow forum users.

It’s hardly a secret any more that there’s more to this story…

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JAS84 - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 04:44 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Nice bit of overtime for whoever is going in tomorrow to re-edit the title sequence

Don't they have a presenter-less version used when a non-standard partnership is presenting?

Also, if Holly's taking a couple of weeks off, and Dermot and Alison are therefore on all week, they can just use their version, and make a version with just Holly for when she returns.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jamesypoo - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 04:57 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Rylan Rylan Rylan Rylan. Rylan.

Interestingly Rylan just announced on Radio 2 he would be taking a few weeks off to do something else. He thanked the Radio 2 bosses for letting him and the schedules still list Rylan presenting for the next couple of weeks at least, which all suggests this was quite a recent decision, so you may not be far wrong.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Newshound47 - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 04:45 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Dancing On Ice will be an interesting one. Holly would surely be better off standing down (& getting her husbands company to think up a Saturday night format for 2025..) as the show has definitely seen better days.

But I cannot imagine ITV being thrilled at the idea of Phillip going solo on there when it’s already flagging.

Could be a good format for Dermot and Allison.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 20-05-2023

I’d also suggest Ben Shepherd as a possible replacement, if he was willing to do more than his current two days per week. I think he’d be a better fit on This Morning than he is on the current incarnation of GMB

Also how about Dan Walker, surely his gig on Channel 5 is only a holding pattern until something better comes along

Regarding some other suggestions like Joel Dommett, Stephen Mulhern etc - doesn’t the main host have to have a bit of a serious edge so they can handle emotional interview or serious breaking news. I’m not sure either of them do.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Jon - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 05:11 PM)Jamesypoo Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 04:57 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Rylan Rylan Rylan Rylan. Rylan.

Interestingly Rylan just announced on Radio 2 he would be taking a few weeks off to do something else. He thanked the Radio 2 bosses for letting him and the schedules still list Rylan presenting for the next couple of weeks at least, which all suggests this was quite a recent decision, so you may not be far wrong.
This Morning doesn’t go out on Saturday and at most he’d only be needed 4 days a week so not sure why he’s need to take it off. Of course he may not want to a 5 day a week so maybe that.

Unless the Soap Awards records on a Saturday and they aren’t expecting Phil to actually do that? Rylan would probably be one of the most suitable replacements at short notice.*

*They do in two weeks time.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - fanoftv - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 05:06 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 04:44 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Nice bit of overtime for whoever is going in tomorrow to re-edit the title sequence

Don't they have a presenter-less version used when a non-standard partnership is presenting.

They do:
(example from LU7 Television Clips)

As a fan of the programme it is a shame that he has left like this. There was part of me that felt one or both would leave in the summer, but I never expected a removal with immediate effect.

I hope that there is a permanent replacement, it’s something that I have not enjoyed with GMB, but I also like the idea of a team of presenters who may present in different pairings. As seen at the end of the clip above Craig Doyle has presented during holidays recently and does so very well, hopefully he’s used over the next few months. 

As for the future, I’m assuming that they’ll look to rebrand the programme for September; the last time similar press scrutiny towards the programme occurred (leading to Fern Briton leaving), the programme was rested over the summer and brought back refreshed in the September of 2009, something similar could do well for the brand, but then it could leave ITV at a loss.