Pres Café
Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect (/showthread.php?tid=452)

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 20-05-2023

Very clear it was ITV who made the decision Phil would step down. I think as long as Holly isn't implicated in anything further and any new partnership or arrangement works out that she'll stick with the day job as even with a hubby to employ her without a guaranteed primetime format it's too big a risk.

I wouldn't say Holly has been unsuccessful in primetime but other than Dancing on Ice, a short stint on The Voice and Celebrity Juice she hadn't really had any returning primetime formats.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Humphrey Hacker - 20-05-2023

I think the best thing to do is to wait until Monday to see what is said. I know that statements have already been made but things can change very quickly.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - JustJamie - 20-05-2023

This is really going to be a highly fascinating time to see what happens next, following the dramatic announcement of Phil stepping down with immediate effect. I think extending Holly's time off so it begins this week, rather than next, will give all parties (ITV, This Morning and Holly) time to figure out where and what direction to go next, come September.

I'm a fan of the idea of a temporary rotation of This Morning's regulars being Holly's co-host come June/July, but what do I feel should happen in September? Rebrand the show like they did 2009 and 2015: new opening titles - less Live! with Kelly & Ryan/Mark and incorporate the TM family or pairings; new show logo ; new or updated music and set update too. Perhaps incorporate a Social Media wall (like they have on The Martin Lewis Money Show Live) and add some Behind The Scenes features if you're watching online, etc.

Stepping away what I would like to see, this will be an interesting time for the show, that's for sure.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Amber Avenger - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 07:25 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I wouldn't say Holly has been unsuccessful in primetime but other than Dancing on Ice, a short stint on The Voice and Celebrity Juice she hadn't really had any returning primetime formats.

She also did Surprise Surprise. It had four series so was a reasonable success. Was surprised (!) It didn't run longer

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - AJB39 - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 08:16 PM)Amber Avenger Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 07:25 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I wouldn't say Holly has been unsuccessful in primetime but other than Dancing on Ice, a short stint on The Voice and Celebrity Juice she hadn't really had any returning primetime formats.

She also did Surprise Surprise. It had four series so was a reasonable success. Was surprised (!) It didn't run longer
She was very good on Surprise Surprise. She had the right warmth of personality for the format. I was very disappointed that ITV axed it at the time.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Andrew - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 07:50 PM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  I think the best thing to do is to wait until Monday to see what is said. I know that statements have already been made but things can change very quickly.

I expect Dermot and Alison will very briefly mention it, send their best wishes and the launch into that day’s menu

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Brekkie - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 08:16 PM)Amber Avenger Wrote:  

Ah, knew I'd be forgetting one.  That was quite a few years ago now and it probably deserved longer.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Rolling News - 20-05-2023

I wonder if Richard Madeley would be up for a return? I know he’s 67 now but it’s not a completely wild card guess.

RE: Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect - Scrotnig - 20-05-2023

(20-05-2023, 08:41 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I wonder if Richard Madeley would be up for a return? I know he’s 67 now but it’s not a completely wild card guess.
Now that would be brilliant!

Doubt he would, certainly not full time.

Maybe as a guest host for the week but would be foolish to bring him back full time. Can't see him having much chemistry with Holly.

Is Tipping Point filming at the moment - Holly has worked well with Ben previously so if available could see him guest hosting a couple of Mon/Tue if he's available. Bradley might do a couple of days too but Gladiators begins filming soon.

Just hope they do have a permanent arrangement in place by the autumn. Radio 2 showed it's possible to replace a long standing host in a similar time frame - though the only issue maybe is there are rumours Martin Frizzell will be replaced as the programme editor in the summer too so they may want the new editor to make that decision.