Pres Café
C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes (/showthread.php?tid=457)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Brekkie - 16-07-2023

I think across the industry too the current woes are a result of over commissioning after the enforced covid break, so a bit of a correction.

We kind of saw from what happened in 2020 how far in advance so much content is actually delivered. Indeed SAS Who Dares Wins was one of the first shows reported on and they're pretty much filming those an entire year in advance, just announcing the 2024 cast before the 2023 series, filmed before Matt Hancocks 2022 I'm a Celeb stint, has even aired.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - tellyblues - 07-08-2023

Alone, C4's latest attempt at a reality show doesn't look like it got off to a good start. Last in its timeslot and 160k down on the slot average.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Brekkie - 07-08-2023

What was the raw figure?

It got better as the episode went on but summer always feels like a burn off - it's the sort of show which would benefit from the Goggleboxers watching.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - nwtv2003 - 07-08-2023

(07-08-2023, 05:23 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Alone, C4's latest attempt at a reality show doesn't look like it got off to a good start. Last in its timeslot and 160k down on the slot average.
Overall Channel 4 did not have a good day yesterday ratings wise… 

https://twitter.com/liamhamilton16/status/1688512358748983297?s=46&t=iqdL9jBmHZyqOL71hqnmbA 

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 07-08-2023

I was enjoying Alone by the end of the first ep enough to stick with it. It has potential to be a grower.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - gottago - 07-08-2023

Saw loads of ads on digital billboards for Alone, but it didn’t really feel like the sort of show that would normally warrant it to be honest. Feels like a more word of mouth show than anything.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - JamieMurph25 - 14-08-2023

Quote:[color=#333333][font='Open Sans', 'segoe ui', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Saw loads of ads on digital billboards for Alone, but it didn’t really feel like the sort of show that would normally warrant it to be honest. Feels like a more word of mouth show than anything.[/font][/color]
Amazingly, this was the first thing that popped up when I opened the Channel 4 app on my Chromebook, all to promote 'Alone':

(includes animated rain, clever eh!)

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Brekkie - 18-08-2023

C4 continuing their recent record of US dramas never remaining in their slot for the entire series by pulling Becoming Elizabeth from tomorrow night in favour of a Mission Impossible film. Oddly they've schedule it for tonight from 2.10am-4.10am, but will also show it from 11.55pm tomorrow night.

Even more oddly is they've made the change in such a way it pretty much affected the whole weekend schedule with changes from 12.05am tonight to 3.25pm on Saturday afternoon, then from 9.15am through to 5.50am on Sunday morning, and then as a result of moving Transformers a day early on Saturday the Sunday afternoon schedule is completely changed too.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - AndyB2008 - 18-08-2023

(18-08-2023, 10:56 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  C4 continuing their recent record of US dramas never remaining in their slot for the entire series by pulling Becoming Elizabeth from tomorrow night in favour of a Mission Impossible film.    Oddly they've schedule it for tonight from 2.10am-4.10am, but will also show it from 11.55pm tomorrow night.   

Even more oddly is they've made the change in such a way it pretty much affected the whole weekend schedule with changes from 12.05am tonight to 3.25pm on Saturday afternoon, then from 9.15am through to 5.50am on Sunday morning, and then as a result of moving Transformers a day early on Saturday the Sunday afternoon schedule is completely changed too.

C4's scheduling is bizarre. 

See Popmaster - repeated on More4 on Sunday nights at 8pm a few weeks after ending, competing with Antiques Roadshow and a repeat of Vera.

Now they've let the Popmaster fans get their way with a Channel 4 showing, but chosen to air it weekly on Friday nights against Coronation Street, Athletics (and later A QoS), Susan Calman's show on C5 and Gardeners World as if they want it to flop - I would have preferred daytime for it if they wanted to repeat it.

No doubt they'll shunt that midway.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Brekkie - 18-08-2023

A primetime slot will always be up against something though, although I do think a late afternoon Sunday slot would be best. Still think too it's something people will sit through for half an hour but it's a bit of an ask for an hour at a time. Do we know how the ratings held up over the run - it started so well for More4 it could probably afford to lose half it's audience.