Pres Café
C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes (/showthread.php?tid=457)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Brekkie - 25-08-2023

The "Altogether Different" C4 has "Selling Super Houses" starting on Tuesday in which 8 wanabee property agents compete for a dream job selling high value property, just a couple of days after BBC2's "Crazy Rich Agents", in which 8 wanabee property agents compete for a dream job selling high value property, comes to an end.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - msim - 25-08-2023

Much like the endless rotation of Inside Britain's favourite supermarkets, chocolate, biscuits... and the neverending slog of celebrities travelling around the country that are nearly identical and indistinguishable between Ch4, Ch5 and BBC Two.

Last Saturday "Born different" Ch4 had Julie Walters on trains with I'm sure a Victorian travelguide which of course BBC Two have been doing the same with Portillo for about fifteen years!

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - JMT1985 - 25-08-2023

Wasn't that Julie Walters programme a repeat - we are still in the summer lean season for channels, with a lot of repeats at the weekend.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - tellyblues - 26-08-2023

I guess a lot of it depends on who comes up with the idea first but 99% of these are lazy and unoriginal anyway.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - tellyblues - 29-08-2023

As much maligned as the Air Fryer doc has been, its repeat was only 16k short of Alone which managed just 812k (Aug 14-20).

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - gottago - 15-09-2023

Sorry nowhere else to put this but in case you haven't spotted it yet, a mysterious feature length Dispatches has gone in the schedule for tomorrow night. A lot of rumours going round that this is some sort of newspaper tie-in for another big #MeToo level scandal.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Keith - 15-09-2023

(15-09-2023, 03:11 PM)gottago Wrote:  Sorry nowhere else to put this but in case you haven't spotted it yet, a mysterious feature length Dispatches has gone in the schedule for tomorrow night. A lot of rumours going round that this is some sort of newspaper tie-in for another big #MeToo level scandal.
Have Dispatches been broadcast on Saturday nights before? Being at 9pm for 90 minutes on a Saturday evening it's presumably something big to warrant primetime scheduling at the weekend.

If I was taking a guess on the #MeToo level I'd probably look towards the music industry. The certainly been rumblings regarding how females in the music industry have been treated over the past few years, and I seem to recall reading or watching an article in the past week. There are smaller scandals such as some of the things Byline Times have reported recently, though would hardly warrant such scheduling. I'd also be surprised if it was about all scandals involving Trump and his upcoming law suits stateside. There is however the Spanish women's world cup saga and related matters, which might also be worthy of such scheduling.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Omnipresent - 15-09-2023

I’m guessing it’s a joint investigation with a Sunday newspaper so C4 have to schedule it on a Saturday night to keep in sync with the Sunday papers’ news cycle.

The prime time scheduling suggests an entertainment industry angle, rather than global affairs.

UK newspapers have largely shown a blind eye to reporting on wrongdoing by industry colleagues - so it’s probably unrelated to people with a background in journalism.

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Nobby - 15-09-2023

What did the original schedule show at 21:00?

RE: C4 Programme Commissioning Woes - Stooky Bill - 15-09-2023

Seems it might be about some/a high profile comedian(s), presumably not a Channel 4 regular.

The (Sunday) Times are supposedly publishing a big story at 3pm tomorrow so possibly linked