Pres Café
Wimbledon 2023 - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News and Sport Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Wimbledon 2023 (/showthread.php?tid=482)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Wimbledon 2023 - dvboy - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 10:18 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I won't be suprised if this pre-recorded, on the iPlayer then chucked out on TV at random times Today and Wimbledon doesn't last, just like Wimbledon2Day didn't.

It was shown on BBC Red Button at 21:00
If you read back through the thread, or watch last night's programme, you'll see how the format has changed and that they now put the programme together throughout the day rather than present it live.

RE: Wimbledon 2023 - Andrew - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 09:58 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Today at Wimbledon will now air at 11.15pm on BBC 2 after Newsnight. The Program has been pushed back to 12.15am.

You wonder why though as it won’t have been sign posted in anyway, the only people who will know will be people who notice it if they are scrolling the EPG at this late hour

RE: Wimbledon 2023 - dvboy - 04-07-2023

(04-07-2023, 10:57 PM)Andrew Wrote:  You wonder why though as it won’t have been sign posted in anyway, the only people who will know will be people who notice it if they are scrolling the EPG at this late hour

They haven't even updated the EPG yet (on Sky at least).

RE: Wimbledon 2023 - RhysJR - 05-07-2023

Would be interesting to compare the total amount of action in the current version of Today at Wimbledon compared to the live version in previous years. It certainly feels like there's less chat/other features. I know it's a tabloid staple to moan about this so hopefully one of them will do the number crunching at some point.

A slightly odd thing that has happened on both days so far is that Lee McKenzie has done the on-court interviews for two of the three (scheduled) matches on her designated court (Centre on day 1 and No.1 on day 2) with Annabel Croft doing the other interview. Croft's appearance have both been on the lone women's singles match - both occasions the middle match of the three scheduled matches. I'd suspect McKenzie will be absent all weekend to cover the British Grand Prix, so possibly related for Croft to have a dry run in the role for the weekend, though she is an experienced broadcaster so I wouldn't say that would be accurate.

RE: Wimbledon 2023 - Brekkie - 05-07-2023

I suspect they could cover as much in half an hour of this stripped down format as they did in an hour previously, which might be the answer moving forward - though even if they scheduled it at 10pm they'll always be the odd disruption still.

RE: Wimbledon 2023 - Andrew - 05-07-2023

Clare Balding just said the match continues on BBC Two, but it doesn’t. They are airing Today at Wimbledon as normal.

RE: Wimbledon 2023 - dvboy - 05-07-2023

(05-07-2023, 09:03 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Clare Balding just said the match continues on BBC Two, but it doesn’t. They are airing Today at Wimbledon as normal.

I just came here to say the same thing. A miscommunication somewhere.

(05-07-2023, 09:04 PM)dvboy Wrote:  I just came here to say the same thing. A miscommunication somewhere.

She even said “We now welcome viewers watching on BBC Two”

Of all the cock ups and strange scheduling decisions over the years of live Wimbledon, this is a new one

The EPG has changed to say it’s live tennis and I thought they might have faded out Today at Wimbledon, but obviously not

RE: Wimbledon 2023 - Nobby - 05-07-2023

She said "Welcome to viewers on BBC Two" or similar while still on BBC One but it was as the programme on BBC Two, which turned out to be the highlights programme, was just starting so she must have been cued to start speaking at the right time but they just put the wrong programme on.

The BBC Two continuity announcer even explained that they were going to show live tennis and the highlights would be on after Newsnight but it turns out she was wrong.

Is the tennis game that was on BBC One still going on?

I didn’t realise even the announcer on BBC TWO thought we were going to live tennis

Pretty odd how this has happened, and pretty odd how they didn’t quickly fix it