Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - RDJ - 06-09-2023

Losing out on the NTA’s should hopefully give This Morning the kick up the a**e it truly needs.

Losing an award they’ve loyally won non-stop since 2011 has gotta hurt. But there’s been numerous too many near misses to count.
They were relieved they won in 2013 after the scandal involving showing the list of scribbled suspected child abusers to the PM at the time caused a great deal of controversy.
Plus just scraping through last year in the wake of queue-gate and the dystopian Spin to Win saga.

This year was the straw that broke the camels back and this years controversy has proved to be too much.
They’ve majorly lost the trust of a huge chunk of their viewership, and the very audible loud boos in the arena when This Morning’s name was announced means they’re really in damage limitation.

Something got to change and quick in order for the show to move on from its past and remove its tarnishes. Otherwise there may be no way back for the brand which would be a shame after nearly 35 years worth of history.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Johnr - 06-09-2023

They seem to have removed the 'NTA Winners Best Daytime Show' from the title slide but also at the same time also removed 'BAFTA Winner Television'! (although I don't know when they last won the latter anyway)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Otis Crump - 06-09-2023

Looking at the comments under This Morning's Twitter post congratulating The Repair Shop, I was struck by how many are supportive of Phillip and feel Holly has thrown him under the bus and should go.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JasonB - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 11:56 AM)Otis Crump Wrote:  Looking at the comments under This Morning's Twitter post congratulating The Repair Shop, I was struck by how many are supportive of Phillip and feel Holly has thrown him under the bus and should go.

Cue clickbait headlines such as: "Holly Under Pressure to Leave This Morning"

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 11:44 AM)Johnr Wrote:  They seem to have removed the 'NTA Winners Best Daytime Show' from the title slide but also at the same time also removed 'BAFTA Winner Television'! (although I don't know when they last won the latter anyway)

Makes for a cleaner title card - looked a bit cluttered with them.

I personally think the show is a better watch without Phillip and Holly is, and always has been, stronger with other presenters.   The only combo I don't really think works is Holly and Josie.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 08:05 AM)RDJ Wrote:  Losing out on the NTA’s should hopefully give This Morning the kick up the a**e it truly needs.

Losing an award they’ve loyally won non-stop since 2011 has gotta hurt. But there’s been numerous too many near misses to count.
They were relieved they won in 2013 after the scandal involving showing the list of scribbled suspected child abusers to the PM at the time caused a great deal of controversy.
Plus just scraping through last year in the wake of queue-gate and the dystopian Spin to Win saga.

This year was the straw that broke the camels back and this years controversy has proved to be too much.
They’ve majorly lost the trust of a huge chunk of their viewership, and the very audible loud boos in the arena when This Morning’s name was announced means they’re really in damage limitation.

Something got to change and quick in order for the show to move on from its past and remove its tarnishes. Otherwise there may be no way back for the brand which would be a shame after nearly 35 years worth of history.

They are not going to axe This Morning just because they didn't win a NTA.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - DeMarkay - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 11:44 AM)Johnr Wrote:  They seem to have removed the 'NTA Winners Best Daytime Show' from the title slide but also at the same time also removed 'BAFTA Winner Television'! (although I don't know when they last won the latter anyway)

2018. In their 30th year of Broadcasting, it was a special award.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ad1AiyNEo 

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 06-09-2023

I'm guessing they're not making much fuss about their 35th anniversary this year.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JMT1985 - 06-09-2023

The problem This Morning has had for the last two decades is that the hosts have become bigger than the show.

When Richard and Judy were hosts, this was acceptable, those two were just perfect hosting it, and they developed it into what we see today.

However in recent years, it seems Phil and Holly have had their egos grown and that they feel invincible - which probably led to the alleged toxic atmosphere at This Morning.

I seem to remember reading, one of the reasons Richard and Judy left This Morning was down to problems with their producer and production team - behind the scenes problems even then.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - ConorW2000 - 06-09-2023

I am quite surprised they didnt look at a stronger rebranding perhaps.

I personally think they should of dropped the "This Morning" brand and instead gone for a fresher feel.