Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 01:07 PM)ConorW2000 Wrote:  I am quite surprised they didnt look at a stronger rebranding perhaps.

I personally think they should of dropped the "This Morning" brand and instead gone for a fresher feel.

Why would they drop the This Morning name? the programme would essentially be the same so rebranding makes no sense.

The show is bigger than its presenters and honestly, it'll get through it and within a year, any scandal will be all forgotten.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - ConorW2000 - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 01:28 PM)XIII Wrote:  Why would they drop the This Morning name? the programme would essentially be the same so rebranding makes no sense.

The show is bigger than its presenters and honestly, it'll get through it and within a year, any scandal will be all forgotten.

I just felt it would give it a fresher feel and it would of been better, but I guess everyone has their own opinions.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Flux - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 01:06 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  The problem This Morning has had for the last two decades is that the hosts have become bigger than the show.
Self made issue, unfortunately. Someone at ITV decided to make it “The Phil and Holly Show” when it never needed to be. They skewed the titles, the publicity and the image of the show to focus solely on those two when This Morning had never glorified its presenters in the same way in the past. Even when it would have been warranted with Richard and Judy. They only have themselves to blame now that they’re having to backtrack and turn the focus on “This Morning” again instead.

Many of us saw this coming years ago. Either Phil or Holly was guaranteed to leave at some point, and by focusing on them with such tunnel vision ITV set themselves up to 1) Have difficult renegotiations where the hosts could demand more money for staying on and keeping the brand alive and 2) make it very difficult to replace one of them.

Personally I think its current state with Holly clinging on and a rotating rota of co-hosts who were - until the scandal - secondary to the two “main” hosts makes it look very weak. There’s nothing decisive or forward-thinking about it and it invites reactions such as the boos at the NTAs as it’s just plodding along as the same exact show. It doesn’t look or feel as if any lessons have been learnt or that the show is even trying to move on. The strongest decision would be to relaunch with two new hosts in the main spots and a new look. Even if it’s just Allison and Dermot, at least it’s a clear re-set. The sooner they do that, the sooner the show can shake off its reputation and start rebuilding “This Morning” again.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - TJTSW - 06-09-2023

Very much agree, when I tuned in on Monday I hoped they would of taken stock and rebranded the show and given it a fresh new look as a way forward, but no, they thought Holly would be enough to carry on and keep everything as it is.

the Cringy Mama Mia start was so awful but thought hold in when they go to the studio will be a whole new look,

either they are holding off until the independent review has been completed or they have stuck their heads in the sand so much they think they can carry on as they are. however last nights NTA's should of given all at ITV wake up call and today busy looking at how to move the programe forward with changes,

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 06-09-2023

Let's face it - being The Phil and Holly Show wasn't a problem for 15 years and not being The Phil and Holly Show hasn't been a problem for the last three months. What happened happened and it would have had an impact regardless.

We're now in the opposite situation of them pushing the show as a full team effort - that isn't without it's issues either when it comes to "the brand" and still feels a bit temporary, but most combinations seem to work.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Andrew - 06-09-2023

You have to laugh at the reaction to This Morning not winning the NTA

When they won it was boring and someone else should get a look in and that it was all a big ITV Fix, but then when they don’t it’s a big scandal that will shake the core of the broadcaster and everyone in front and behind the scenes should hang their head in shame. Make your mind up

Imagine of Ant and Dec didn’t win best presenter, people would be saying everyone now hates them and they should retire

It’s just the usual online hate whipped up by the tabloids who always want to bring people down

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - brioalex - 06-09-2023

Whilst it’s clear that the This Morning brand has taken a hit after recent events, not winning an NTA won’t make an ounce of difference to them changing the show, the branding, the presenters etc. What matters is viewing figures and since the programme doesn’t have any major competition in its time slot they obviously don’t feel the need to refresh the programme.

I mean let’s face it, no one in their right mind would spend money on new sets, branding and on screen graphics if they didn’t need to… especially when money is tight for most companies including ITV right now.

The show has a decent sponsor, companies still buy advertising slots during the programme and viewers still watch so there is no driver for change. Personally it would be nice to see a slight refresh but I’m a Graphic Designer and I love things like that, the general public probably don’t care…

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - tellyblues - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 06:23 AM)PJamo Wrote:  Please forgive my ignorance but who is Sally Arkwright?

Writer, supposedly.

None of the results at the NTAs were surprising. The outrage over "American shows" winning has been fun to read. Maybe they don't feature enough murders?

As for This Morning, what is clear is that a fair amount of people have lost faith in the show. I'm not sure the scandal will ever blow over because there are too many factors involved and attempts to deflect attention with anniversaries for example won't work. The show should stick to doing what it is commissioned to do and try to win back viewers that way.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Kim Wexler’s Ponytail - 06-09-2023

Not winning the NTA is obviously not the final nail in the coffin but it's also not nothing either. They really needed it. If you win a populist viewer voted award year after year then don't when you're mired in scandal it's not unreasonable to assume there's probably a connection. If the audience had turned out for them again they could have taken a lot of comfort in that.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - NI92 - 06-09-2023

I think it is brilliant the Repair Shop won the NTA rather than This Morning as the Repair Shop is a fantastic show and it is good to see someone else winning awards rather than the usual and the usual ITV tactic of begging for votes.

Also on that subject as haven't seen This Morning for a while but have they been begging for votes like they have done in the past?