Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Keith - 14-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 09:57 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  I believe we’ve got 3 Doctor Who episodes for November to celebrate the 60th Anniversary, with another one at Christmas. Then a full series next year.

Weakest Link has, they announced it alongside The Wheel & Blankety Blank earlier this year.

(13-09-2023, 10:34 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  I really really hate it when they do something like that
It does feel somewhat childish and almost a pointless attempt to rewrite history.

Maybe they were hoping to avoid clickbait headlines of "Schofield returns to This Morning (in 30 second compilation piece)". Though I'd argue a clickbait headline along the lines of "Schofield erased from This Morning" would be less welcome.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 14-09-2023

Or maybe it just wasn't about him. Didn't realise she'd been on it that long though - must be their longest "expert" now other than perhaps Phil Vickery.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - freeview87 - 14-09-2023

Is Dr Chris still listed as an expert. I haven't seen him for a long time now but I don't ever recall a goodbye.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 14-09-2023

I don't think Dr Chris has left but I suspect he doesn't want to travel down to London all the time given his age.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 14-09-2023

(14-09-2023, 03:39 PM)XIII Wrote:  I don't think Dr Chris has left but I suspect he doesn't want to travel down to London all the time given his age.

He was still making appearances earlier in the year, albeit on webcam from his home.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Ash101 - 15-09-2023

I think it's safe to assume that the rotating hosts with Holly Willoughby will largely be: Alison Hammond, Dermot O'Leary, Craig Doyle & Josie Gibson.

As we've cycled through all of those in 2 day rotations and they're back to 'repeats' with Craig on Monday. Had wondered if there'd be a bit of a wider pool than that.

Aside from that, ditching 'The Balls' on Spin To Win seems to be the only other major change, everything else is business as usual.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 15-09-2023

Spin to Win has also been reinstated to Friday having largely been only used for Phil and Holly shows over the last couple of years.

Sadly ratings are only reported when they can be spun in the way papers want them to be spun but it would be interesting to see if any partnership does seem to rate higher.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - lepeterrr - 22-09-2023

Announced at the end of today's show that Ben Shepard will be hosting with Holly on Monday (unsure about the rest of the week)
They've hosted together before and it's worked really well. Could this be a permanent move from GMB perhaps?

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Ash101 - 22-09-2023

(22-09-2023, 12:27 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  Announced at the end of today's show that Ben Shepard will be hosting with Holly on Monday (unsure about the rest of the week)
They've hosted together before and it's worked really well. Could this be a permanent move from GMB perhaps?

Interesting. So that is someone else on the rotation. Interestingly it wasn’t in 2 day blocks this week… I do think it’s a bit messy, especially alongside GMB not having a permanent co-host.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 23-09-2023

Yes, it's all a bit too random. Considering promotional images are now Holly, Dermot and Alison I think trying to keep it to a combination of those three during term time then using Craig and Josie for holidays would neaten it up a bit.