Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - all new phil - 23-09-2023

Does it need to be ‘neat’?

Perfectly understandable that the team other than Holly may have pre-existing commitments, this arrangement has only recently been hurriedly put into place.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JamesWorldNews - 23-09-2023

I like the idea of the current mix-up. I’d even mix Holly’s days and make it a truly flexible roster, perhaps apart from a Friday.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - darrenlit94 - 25-09-2023

They have two female presenters together but I wonder if there’s a reason why they haven’t tried two of the male presenters together. I think a show presented by Dermot and Craig for example could be a laugh. Surely the female viewers wouldn’t mind either.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - DavidWhitfield - 25-09-2023

They had Rylan and his then-husband presenting a handful of times, but this was a few years back now.

GMB seems to have the same hesitancy - it's more than happy to have two females presenting together -- in fact, in 2015, pre-Piers, there were more shows with a F/F pairing than not, as Ben was the only male 'main presenter' and he'd scaled back to two days a week -- but they've only ever had a M/M pairing once, and even then, this was not planned and they made it clear that this was a quirk of Sean having to quickly fill in for a called-in-sick-at-the-eleventh-hour Kate rather than - shock horror - them actually wanting two men at the desk together.

I think, on both GMB and TM, if they're going to have a carousel of presenters, any combination should be possible. The idea of Holly and Josie presenting together on TM, or Susanna and Kate presenting together on GMB seems perfectly normal, but it doesn't seem quite right to imagine Dermot and Craig fronting TM, or Ben and Ed being paired on GMB. I don't think that should be the case.

I'd like to see F/F and M/M appearing with equal frequency. Variety is the spice of life - if they're going to rotate the presenters, go full force, I say.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - AxG - 25-09-2023

I think that had Rylan and Gok presenting too.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 25-09-2023

Think Rylan hosted with Phil and possibly Eamonn too. I'm sure it'll happen at some point.

Alison on tomorrow but I think as a guest rather than host to promote Bake Off.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - XIII - 26-09-2023

I think with Dermot, Craig and Ben is that they're similar in terms of presenting so it wouldn't quite work if they presented together.

M/M pairings It's not something you see very often even on other shows. Morning Live, The One Show pretty much stick to M/F pairings as does BBC Breakfast.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 26-09-2023

I think Rav and Gethin have once presented Morning Live together.

It probably will happen with Craig and Dermot at some point but likely to be unplanned with one in as cover. Otherwise we're probably waiting for St Patrick's Day to fall on a weekday.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Brekkie - 03-10-2023

35th anniversary today. A lower key celebration than it probably would of been otherwise but at 10.40 they marked the exact moment it came on air reshowing the intro then talking to Richard via zoom, making the point the show isn't about the presenters. Dr Chris will be on later in the week to reflect on his time on the show.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JMT1985 - 03-10-2023

(03-10-2023, 11:09 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  35th anniversary today.  A lower key celebration than it probably would of been otherwise but at 10.40 they marked the exact moment it came on air reshowing the intro then talking to Richard via zoom, making the point the show isn't about the presenters.  Dr Chris will be on later in the week to reflect on his time on the show.

35th anniversary doesn't have the same ring to it as a 21st, 30th, 40th etc would - no surprise it was fairly bland, as it is not yet an historic milestone, that will come when they reach 40 years in 2028.