Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - lepeterrr - 10-10-2023

Obviously, all my love to her and her family, not an easy thing to go through.
Now that she has quit, it's likely we'll get rotating presenters for a while, at least for the rest of the month I think.
If I had my 2 pence, I'd bet that Alison & Dermot would go Monday-Wednesday. With Craig & Josie doing Thursday & Friday. I think the days of a 4/1 split are over.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Roger Darthwell - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 05:06 PM)Trafford Wharf Road Wrote:  Holly Willoughby has announced her departure from the programme on Instagram.

My God......fully understandable though, but I also feel that this is going to be an opportunity to fully relaunch the programme

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Milkshake - 10-10-2023

Unfortunley that will mean Alison will get prompted to lead but she just bad and the whole series need a clean broom to sort it all out. Programme editors needs to go now aswell.

ITV need to overhaul the daytime schedule to give it some new lease of life.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - eyeTV - 10-10-2023

Well they have 2 pairings in Alison & Dermot and Josie & Craig but they may not want the gig 4 days.

I guess they may look to add another pairing.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - DeMarkay - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 05:37 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Unfortunley that will mean Alison will get prompted to lead but she just bad and the whole series need a clean broom to sort it all out.  Programme editors needs to go now aswell.

ITV need to overhaul the daytime schedule to give it some new lease of life.

Looks like your spelling needs a broom to sort it all out.  Big Grin

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - L1_ - 10-10-2023

A very abrupt and sad way for it to end after all these years.

I'd be surprised if they replaced Holly (or Phil for that matter) with a new 'lead' presenter, ITV seem relaxed about having a team alternating.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Ash101 - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 05:40 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Well they have 2 pairings in Alison & Dermot and Josie & Craig but they may not want the gig 4 days.

I guess they may look to add another pairing.

I think splitting the week into 3 and 2 days each would probably work best. It moves the show past relying on 1 star paring. 

Sad news for Holly, especially as it seems she managed to ride out the mess of the summer and had a good 5 weeks since.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 05:13 PM)Keith Wrote:  As per Phil it's a shame that Holly has left under the circumstances that she has. That said it's a totally understandable decision to put family first.

I totally agree Keith, after such a long time it is sad to see her go off screen, as it was for Phil, but she’s got to do what’s right for her and her family. 

As for the programme, as she mentions in her message it will continue and she, Phil and former hosts look after the show. I’ve seen some talk online about how they need to get rid of the programme, however it will replaced with something identical anyway, so I feel it should continue but perhaps refreshed with new hosts.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Andrew - 10-10-2023

Although this conversation has happened before, and I know Holly is hardly Lyse Doucet, but I don’t think either Alison or Josie are quite right for the main role where you have to do light features one minute and then discuss serious topics the next.

I’m sure Alison herself would probably agree she prefers the sections of the show where she can launch into one of her iconic laughs rather than discussing Israel and Palestine in the news review.

I’d personally move both Ben & Kate from GMB, I think they’d be ideal in the This Morning format.

And then I’d have Simon McCoy and Martine Croxall replacing them on GMB!

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - fanoftv - 10-10-2023

That’s a brilliant idea with Ben & Kate, they have the strong partnership, are amazing presenters who can do serious and light features equally well, however, Kate currently hosts a programme on Smooth Radio 10am - 1pm.