Pres Café
ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Printable Version

+- Pres Café (https://pres.cafe)
+-- Forum: Pres Café TV and Radio Forums (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Programme Presentation (https://pres.cafe/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards (/showthread.php?tid=531)

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - JLav25 - 10-10-2023

Sadly to see Holly leave, but she has to put her family first. Particuarly with the Jill Dando documentary having recently put celebs dangerous lives back in the spotlight, I completely understand her decision. I expect she'll step back from TV for a while before returning with a new project.

Ben and Kate would be a good pairing for TM, but I doubt they'll bring anyone new in and stick with Alison, Dermot, Josie and Craig. I'd expected they'll plod along for the rest of the year and have a relaunch in January.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - L1_ - 10-10-2023

Seeing on social media suggestions of Emma Willis and husband Matt. Not a bad shout I don't think

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Stooky Bill - 10-10-2023

Can't say I'm surprised and it's a good move for the programme too. It's not been the same since Schofield left, there's been a distinct lack of chemistry and warmth. It's all felt awkward. Alison and Dermot are great, the rest if the week feels flat.

Need a bit of a reset and a permanent, good presenting couple, but not going down a Twiggy and Nolan type route. Refresh the show too, it's looking quite tired

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Will - 10-10-2023

Bit of a crazy editorial decision to have Mark Austin break the news of this live from Jerusalem. Surely someone else in the studio would have been standing by?

https://x.com/skynews/status/1711781384547606703?s=46&t=jWc_YnyETW1Yfjb8gq7DQQ 

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - Andrew - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 06:25 PM)Will Wrote:  Bit of a crazy editorial decision to have Mark Austin break the news of this live from Jerusalem. Surely someone else in the studio would have been standing by?
We know what the media is like with media stories

I’m surprised it isn’t the lead story on the World feed of BBC News

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - London Lite - 10-10-2023

I wanted Holly to leave at the same time as Phil, but I didn't want her to leave because of recent events.

This Morning should have had a post Holly plan, but they went on the premise of Holly returning with a rotation of co-presenters for the next year, which has left with with a big void on Mon-Thurs.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - what - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 06:22 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Need a bit of a reset and a permanent, good presenting couple, but not going down a Twiggy and Nolan type route. Refresh the show too, it's looking quite tired

I agree. 8 years without a major change pres wise is a long time. I still am surprised they didn't take the TVC move as an opportunity to refresh things, especially given it was around 1.5/2 years since their last change at that point. The set refresh from before the Sept 2015-present one only lasted a year or two IIRC.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - robertclark125 - 10-10-2023

My late mum was an avid This Morning watcher, after she retired in 1999, so that was still during the Richard and Judy era (just), so if she was still alive, I would've quoted you her thoughts. I'm not a This Morning watcher, so this is really pure guess work on possible presenters. One possible male presenter, Jake Quickenden, or maybe Gaz Beadle? In terms of females, Chloe Madeley or Kaye Adams?

Someone also suggested Emma and Matt Willis. Again, a good shout.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - all new phil - 10-10-2023

(10-10-2023, 06:43 PM)robertclark125 Wrote:  My late mum was an avid This Morning watcher, after she retired in 1999, so that was still during the Richard and Judy era (just), so if she was still alive, I would've quoted you her thoughts. I'm not a This Morning watcher, so this is really pure guess work on possible presenters. One possible male presenter, Jake Quickenden, or maybe Gaz Beadle? In terms of females, Chloe Madeley or Kaye Adams?

Clearly!

Shepherd and Garraway is a great shout. Has Kate ever actually presented it? 

I can’t see them going much beyond their current roster of presenters though to be honest. Craig and Josie feel right as natural successors.

RE: ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards - sjames - 10-10-2023

It's sad to see Holly leave the show in the circumstances she has, but I did always wonder how long she would last following the Schofield situation. I wonder if bosses are slightly regretting letting Eamon and Ruth go, as they would have a been a steady pair of hands during all the recent months.

As others have mentioned Emma and Matt would be a good pair to include. I enjoyed the recent stint of Andi Peters so could see him stepping up again. As for other pairs, I could see Helen Skelton and Dan Walker being good after their recent road trip series that showed they have a good friendship. Another ex-Blue Peter presenter in Lindsey Russell would be good, but would she want to do it alongside her early morning radio show on Heart?